First ride on my new/used 2012. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

First ride on my new/used 2012.

Based on my first 400 miles I put on during the last day, I will give the best rating I've got to this machine. First, the previous owner put some very nice farkles on it that I really like, including a Russel seat. But the bike itself, IMHO, is a huge improvement over the original 650, which I had put 15,000 miles on. The engine changes seem to have smoothed it out very nicely. Very lineral and strong power delivery. It seem like it has more torque, and handles slow speeds in high gear much better. I rode in some very nasty 25 mph gusty cross winds, and it was rock solid in the handling dept. Yes I had to lean to stay upright, but it was still steady and I never felt even close to loosing control. The bottom line is, I am very happy to be a Wee2 owner again. (Hate the word "Glee") IN fact, I think the power is quite sufficient, I can't imagine why I would go for the 1000 unless it was to impress my friends or maybe for 2 up with 2 large people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Glad you are enjoying it. I too find the 650 to be more than enough power for my riding needs. Its great fun and comfortable. Its quiet amazing what suzuki did with just 650cc, if you stop to think about it.

'12 DL650 ADV
'07 Victory Hammer
'06 Suzuki M50 (Traded)
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Stromthusiast!

Congrats on your new ride. Coming from a Vee, I can say that once in a while I miss the torque, but most of the time I just enjoy the nice handling and responsive engine of the 650. Power is like money. There's no such thing as too much, but there is such a thing as enough to keep you happy without excess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode