Rostra cc questions - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-25-2014, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Rostra cc questions

Ok guys I'm getting ready to install a cc on my glee... I've been reading multiple posts on the subject. One thing I am confused about is the relays. Are they needed or not? It seems that some people use them and some do not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-25-2014, 10:42 AM
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT

Garage
Unless you replace the tail lights with LEDs or add some kind of rear light electronic module that prevents the Rostra brake light wire from finding ground through the brake light bulb filament, a brake relay is not needed. I see no reason for a clutch relay.

See https://www.stromtrooper.com/maintena...tructions.html

and

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-20...hats-like.html

Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. I didn't quite make it to 17,000 miles on the 2012 DL650A.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 DL1000s. Vee2=2014-2016 DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 DL650s. Glee = 2012-2016 DL650s
See https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-...nicknames.html

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at https://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html

Last edited by greywolf; 04-25-2014 at 10:44 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

I just posted about my install of the same unit on my Glee. Last page of the Rostra cruise control link greywolf posted above. Hope it helps.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]

post #4 of 5 Old 04-26-2014, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

I know this is not a BMW forum for were also installing that's on my buddies f700 GS. Having issues with the cruise control engaging. We put it into diagnostic mode and it's not receiving a signal from the VSS off the rear wheel we have used the resistor recommended does anybody have any ideas we've been very frustrated.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-27-2014, 06:19 AM
$tromtrooper

+1 no need for brake relay and definitely Clutch relay - when i did that on the K8 ABS, i went the whole 9 yards and more- Got the engaged signal to work and all.....

All the extra relays and the extra kill switch added unnecessary complexity and messiness to my install....

Clutch Relay: Straight away there was an issue of engine cutting out on coming to a stop at traffic light in some certain situations. It was the same issue people encountered when trying to by-pass side-stand switch - problem solved when i reluctantly < > disconnect the relay - test the CC response without clutch relay by pulling in the clutch - cc disengaged straight away, like it should... now why did i bother with that damn relay!

------------- there is a thread somewhere about simplified wiring - that was all it was needed.... follow that but check the wiring colour with current glee and the electric part would be a breeze.

I have no intention to install the cc on glee as i no longer to a lot of long distance hi-way travel.

L2 Glee;

K8 Wee ABS(SOLD);

SOLD: 06 FZ1; 04 Fireblade; 02 Fireblade; 97 CBR 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode