The farkles are starting to add up - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-19-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

The farkles are starting to add up

So, I've added a few things to the Vstrom since last spring to include:

1. A California Scientific windshield to reduce the buffeting
2. A small Xelement magnetic tank bag
3. A set of Wolfman tank panniers
4. A Dan Vessel magnetic Oil Filter cover
5. A Coleman ATV seat pad
6. Kappa monokey pannier racks
7. JC Whitney (Garage Pro) large cases

These farkles should get me through this season nicely, but there's just much that can be added...like handlebar risers/pull backs, hand guards, fork brace, radiator cover (will probably add the Target Letter tray one soon), maybe a skid plate (although I don't leave the payment much), a serious seat upgrade, crash bars, highway pegs. It's just sooooo hard to resist. I guess it's a good thing I'm a bit of a tight wad.

PICS

Dave
Fort Drum, NY
Current Ride: 2012 DL650

Past Rides: 94 Nighthawk 250, 87 CBR600, 87 KLR650, 85 V65 SABRE, 85 Interceptor VF700F, 80 CB750K

Last edited by armychdave; 04-21-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: better pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Banned

My favourite expression:

"The bike is just the deposit for the accessories!" :mrgreen:
post #3 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

your pictures are unfortunately too tiny to really see anything. could you reupload them to like imgur so we can see better?

post #4 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandroidx View Post
your pictures are unfortunately too tiny to really see anything. could you reupload them to like imgur so we can see better?
I edited the first post to include this link

Better?

Dave
Fort Drum, NY

Past Rides: 94 Nighthawk 250, 87 CBR600, 87 KLR650, 85 V65 SABRE, 85 Interceptor VF700F, 80 CB750K
post #5 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armychdave View Post

Better?
Nice.......much better.

Boycott SV Racing
post #6 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:

Better?
Nice! Yes much better!

Looks great, I am trying to see this oil filter cover you mention, is it on in these pictures? I've never heard of it before and was curious.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Nice! Yes much better!

Looks great, I am trying to see this oil filter cover you mention, is it on in these pictures? I've never heard of it before and was curious.
I don't have any pictures that show it clearly. When I'm out later, I'll try to take a decent pic or two. Dan Vessel sells them for $25 and it's basically a hard plastic tube, held on by magnets glued inside. I'm sure one could make the same thing, but the time it would have taken me is worth more that $25 to me.

Dave
Fort Drum, NY

post #8 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
I don't have any pictures that show it clearly. When I'm out later, I'll try to take a decent pic or two. Dan Vessel sells them for $25 and it's basically a hard plastic tube, held on by magnets glued inside. I'm sure one could make the same thing, but the time it would have taken me is worth more that $25 to me.
i am googling it and finding threads about it but not the actual product itself... you have a link to it? i would like to add a little protection to my filter without adding a full skid plate
post #9 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
i am googling it and finding threads about it but not the actual product itself... you have a link to it? i would like to add a little protection to my filter without adding a full skid plate
I couldn't find a link either. In the end, I just emailed Dan and Cheryldene Vessel at [email protected]. I remembered what it looked like from when their site was working, so I just asked to buy one, made a payment in paypal and it was here two days after it shipped.

They are great people to work with and I'm sure they'd tell you everything you want to know about the product and more if you asked.

Dave
Fort Drum, NY

post #10 of 11 Old 04-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
I couldn't find a link either. In the end, I just emailed Dan and Cheryldene Vessel at [email protected]. I remembered what it looked like from when their site was working, so I just asked to buy one, made a payment in paypal and it was here two days after it shipped.

They are great people to work with and I'm sure they'd tell you everything you want to know about the product and more if you asked.
Thanks if you get a chance to take a pic that would be great, I would just like to see it before ordering it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode