One more new vstrom - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-11-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 31
Talking One more new vstrom

Finally got her yesterday night.
As a NJ new resident I ordered at motorcycle mall, but since they have no clue about customer service, I took deposit back and ordered at Mineola NY.
Luis was very helpful and we did everything within one day.:biggrinjester:
Great service!
Now it is a time for upgrades and trips.

Since skid and other protective gear still on a way, I would like to ask your suggestion for short ROAD trips from North Jersey to West and North.
IGI2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 04-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 265
Congratulations, I have mine for one month now. Enjoy!

Ride safe!
V Strom DL650 - 2013 Riding
V Strom DL1000 - 2007 Sold
Honda Shadow 750 - 2000 Sold
Pauloxxi is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 04-13-2014, 01:31 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGI2003 View Post
Finally got her yesterday night.
As a NJ new resident I ordered at motorcycle mall, but since they have no clue about customer service, I took deposit back and ordered at Mineola NY.
Luis was very helpful and we did everything within one day.:biggrinjester:
Great service!
Now it is a time for upgrades and trips.

Since skid and other protective gear still on a way, I would like to ask your suggestion for short ROAD trips from North Jersey to West and North.
you had issues with motorcycle mall in belleville? who was your sales rep? I got my vstrom from there and they were awesome and i had a great experience. what issue did you have?
bandroidx is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 31
Giovanni and Drew.
I ordered a bike, filled finance application. Once the finance was approved they were unable to answer simple question: when to come and sign and when the bike will be ready.
Since I'm very new in a country and have no credit history, my wife was a cosigner, which means that we need to come together to sign a finance.
I called few times, Giovanni promised answers, but never called back.
After few more calls I was transferred to Drew, who promised bike ready for next day and we can come to sign.
Day later (evening) we waited for Drew's attention 25 minutes, all this time he was "busy" speaking with other sales reps, etc... After additional reminder he kept us waited for another 20 minutes.
All this time he traveled back and forward on front of us like we been air. Finally I came to him and asked to refund my deposit. He tried to tell me that the bike is on a way (previously he promised the delivery on that day. Needless to say that I also needed to buy some accessories (total around $2000 cash that I had in pocket). However I'll never spend my money in place with such customer service during sales cycle.
I ordered the bike in Mineola (Long Island) and was VERY happy with cooperation and Service provided by Luis.
IGI2003 is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGI2003 View Post
Giovanni and Drew.
I ordered a bike, filled finance application. Once the finance was approved they were unable to answer simple question: when to come and sign and when the bike will be ready.
Since I'm very new in a country and have no credit history, my wife was a cosigner, which means that we need to come together to sign a finance.
I called few times, Giovanni promised answers, but never called back.
After few more calls I was transferred to Drew, who promised bike ready for next day and we can come to sign.
Day later (evening) we waited for Drew's attention 25 minutes, all this time he was "busy" speaking with other sales reps, etc... After additional reminder he kept us waited for another 20 minutes.
All this time he traveled back and forward on front of us like we been air. Finally I came to him and asked to refund my deposit. He tried to tell me that the bike is on a way (previously he promised the delivery on that day. Needless to say that I also needed to buy some accessories (total around $2000 cash that I had in pocket). However I'll never spend my money in place with such customer service during sales cycle.
I ordered the bike in Mineola (Long Island) and was VERY happy with cooperation and Service provided by Luis.

Wow, that is really crazy. I bought my bike in the off season, so I guess that explains my massively different experience, but I dealt with different people. My salesman was Lloyd who is one of their senior salesman and he was excellent, he spent a lot of time with me showing me bikes, talking, etc. This was in December so they were a lot quieter but I went back many times to make payments between Dec and April and they were always really nice and helpful. I even brought my family in to see my bike and the finance manager spent like an hour with us showing my handicap brother all the bikes.

I will mention this to lloyd when I see him so he can make sure his manager knows how you were treated.

They are really crazy this time of year, trying to make all the sales they can while they can, which I can understand to a degree but that is no reason to blow off a customer like they did for you.
bandroidx is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 04-16-2014, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 31
I came to buy, I didn't waste their time to sell me. I was a very easy customer to deal with.
I knew what I want, I knew what price should I get. EASY.

Somehow after the finance was approved they decided that they keeps my b.. in their hand. Call me "crazy russian", but I never allow to anybody think that way.
as somebody in the forum said "the bike is only a deposit for accessories".
with an adequate sale process, they could get few more thousands from me in April.
IGI2003 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 04-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGI2003 View Post
I came to buy, I didn't waste their time to sell me. I was a very easy customer to deal with.
I knew what I want, I knew what price should I get. EASY.

Somehow after the finance was approved they decided that they keeps my b.. in their hand. Call me "crazy russian", but I never allow to anybody think that way.
as somebody in the forum said "the bike is only a deposit for accessories".
with an adequate sale process, they could get few more thousands from me in April.
So youre new here from Russia I guess?

Yeah man it sounds like a really easy sale, I hope the fact you are new to the country didnt play into it, this is a really diverse area so I would really doubt it.

I can tell you overall they are a good place, I think your experience is not typical, I think you got some shitty sales people.. I will defintely mention this to Lloyd.

Which color did you get? They had a left over 2013 in white in the window recently.
bandroidx is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 31
Got a blue 2013. And yes, im very new here, originaly from ussr, than 23 years in israel. So, can be called "crazy russian jew"
IGI2003 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Majster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Prospect Heights IL
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGI2003 View Post
"crazy russian jew"
So you must've gotten a good deal.
Majster81 is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 04-17-2014, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 31
Yes, good deal.
But Indian guys will have even better.:mrgreen:
IGI2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome