Touratech Handguards. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-08-2014, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Touratech Handguards.

Hi all,
Has anyone put Touratech handguards on their Glee? Replaced my broken brake lever tonight and gave the instructions for the handguards a quick look over. Not the clearest instructions. I decided to replace my broken OEM guards with the sturdier Touratechs but saw the brackets that connect to the Vstrom handlebars are actually plastic. Trying to decide if I should keep these or just replace with another set of OEMs. I know lots of you guys like the Barkbusters, but after seeing these guards on all the BMWs and Tigers at the showroom here, I decided to give them a try. Touratech claims they hold up better than the Barkbusters because those aluminum bars can get bent in a drop, while the Touratech plastic bounces back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-08-2014, 02:08 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
No Touratech for me. I find most of their stuff to be WAY overpriced. WPS Handguards Under 50 dollars. I've dropped my bike on them multiple times. No bending and all of my levers are still there.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downs View Post
No Touratech for me. I find most of their stuff to be WAY overpriced. WPS Handguards Under 50 dollars. I've dropped my bike on them multiple times. No bending and all of my levers are still there.
Those WPS handguards look pretty good for the money. Do you retain the handlebar weights? Do you put them inside or outside the handguards?

post #4 of 4 Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I threw my handlebar weights in the garbage. At the same time I went to some TUSK Aluminum ATV bars. I haven noticed no increase in vibration. Infact after putting the TUSK bars on I actually had a slight decrease in vibration.

I never cared for the handlebar weights anyway. All they seemed to do is give the ground more leverage against my bar end mounting hardware in drops. My stock hardware looked like pretzels from the drops. The flush fit hardware on the WPS guards do not have that problem.

Tusk ATV Bars, WPS Handguards, and Bike Master heated grips all installed at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode