Sidecase Carrier Instructions PLEASE! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-30-2013, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Sidecase Carrier Instructions PLEASE!

Does ANYONE have the directions for the Suzuki Sidecase Carriers...part# 990D0-11J00-065?

Been waiting three weeks for mine to come in, and they finally showed up without instructions!

This would be for 2012 and up DL650's...I believe the same set-up that comes stock on the Adventure model.

I downloaded a pdf for the SW-Motech's...and it's close I think, but some of the hardware just doesn't match. So if anyone still has their instructions, I would greatly appreciate it.

My dealership keeps sending me a pdf of the Suzuki instructions, but they only have pages 3 and 4.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Interesting timing!

I just pulled the trigger on a '13 glee TODAY and will be installing the bags OEM bags tomorrow.

I'll gladly snap a pic of the instructions (hopefully they are in the box) or shoot some video for you.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

Did you open all the packaging. The instructions for mine came wrapped up in the bubble wrap that packaged the mounting brackets. There were separate sections for different brackets. I had to unwrap everything to get the full set of instructions.

Someone posted the procedure to install the SW Motech pannier install (with pictures). The title of that post is:

12 Wee, SW-MOTEH pannier rack install

The official Suzuki set is similar, but different.

post #4 of 10 Old 11-30-2013, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Yeah...I actually printed the directions from the SW-Motech site...they are different enough to make me still need the Suzuki Instructions.

I checked the bubble wrap three times...but I'll give it another shot...LOL.

I may just call Suzuki on Monday...they've been off for a few days with Thanksgiving and all.

Thanks
post #5 of 10 Old 11-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorMkV View Post
Yeah...I actually printed the directions from the SW-Motech site...they are different enough to make me still need the Suzuki Instructions.

I checked the bubble wrap three times...but I'll give it another shot...LOL.

I may just call Suzuki on Monday...they've been off for a few days with Thanksgiving and all.

Thanks
I have the Adventure model. Pm me your email, I think I have them scanned in as a .pdf.

DL650 Adventure Trax Box Carrying Handles/Lashing straps. --> click link to view info & how to order: [url]https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/80136-trax-box-carry-handles-lashing-straps.html[/url]
post #6 of 10 Old 12-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Stromthusiast!

Email sent with instructions.

DL650 Adventure Trax Box Carrying Handles/Lashing straps. --> click link to view info & how to order: [url]https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/80136-trax-box-carry-handles-lashing-straps.html[/url]
post #7 of 10 Old 12-01-2013, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thank You Oh Captain My Captain!
post #8 of 10 Old 12-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorMkV View Post
Thank You Oh Captain My Captain!
You're welcome. Sent them to a couple of Stromtroopers as well

post #9 of 10 Old 12-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Glad you got the instructions.

FWIW - The instructions will tell you to install a rear signal extension. I don't see where its necessary. I was able to install the bags with out extending either signal.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlraines View Post
Glad you got the instructions.

FWIW - The instructions will tell you to install a rear signal extension. I don't see where its necessary. I was able to install the bags with out extending either signal.
Hmmm....Never gave that a thought...I'll have to check that out. Just assumed they were needed.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode