2012 VStrom Upgrade Articles - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-24-2013, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

2012 VStrom Upgrade Articles

FYI.. A couple of articles from RideApart.com showing some upgrades. Nothing crazy but it is nice to see the Wee get some coverage on an ever increasingly popular motorcycle website.

Article 1:

Article 2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-24-2013, 05:21 PM
$tromtrooper

Nice articles however I disagree with this quote; "The OEM centerstand also compromises left-hand cornering clearance. Screw that". I have the OEM centerstand and have yet for it to drag and I've been way over. I've never heard of the MRA X-screen.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-24-2013, 06:31 PM
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT

Garage
The OEM centerstand definitely limits left hand cornering compared to the SW-Motech. It comes with an extended footpeg feeler for the feeler to hit before the center stand tang. On the other hand, the SW-Motech has less vertical ground clearance.

Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. I didn't quite make it to 17,000 miles on the 2012 DL650A.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 DL1000s. Vee2=2014-2016 DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 DL650s. Glee = 2012-2016 DL650s
See https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-...nicknames.html

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at https://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html

post #4 of 8 Old 11-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

I like the articles, pretty good writing!

Quote:
I love the humble centerstand with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. Why? Because as someone who actually rides their bike more than 12 miles each year, I need to be able to lube my chain and check slack without having to pull a paddock stand out of my ass.

Even though I only agree on the hand guards and MAYBE the foot pegs. Doesn't the DRZ or DR650 make those dual foot pegs where you can remove the center rubber and have a good MX foot peg?

2012 Suzuki DL650AL2, over 45k miles already!
post #5 of 8 Old 11-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

+1 on nice article. Thanks for the link.

Keep Calm, Fly-fish
------------------------------------------------------------
L2 Glee White- birthday 17 JAN 13
Farkles last to first: MFW Hwy pegs, Russell Daylong, Givi 3D604 tank bag, Motech Pegs, Madstad bracket&adv windshield, Tuono mirrors, Uclear HBC200 headset, E45 topcase, Cree driving lights w/Motech brackets,14T Sprocket, bar riser, E21 panniers, Stich heated grips/outlet, EB PC8, RR Fork Brace, Kouba link, Barkbusters, SW-Motech Centerstand/Skidplate/Crash Bars.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Stromthusiast!

An interesting article, but a few gripes about it:

Article 1 proclaims how awesome the stock brakes are. Article 2 ends with the promise to upgrade the brakes in article 3. Okay....?

I also have a hard time believing anyone (based on forum postings) would be satisfied with the stick bars and seat, and certainly not proclaim their awesomeness as the article did.

Omitting luggage seems a poor idea, after all, the idea was to build up a "better" adventure model... who goes on a trip without luggage of some sort?

Still, nice to see the Strom get some attention.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
post #8 of 8 Old 11-26-2013, 03:47 AM
$tromtrooper

I was going to say BikeApart articles looks like a display catalog for SW Motech and TwistedThrottle.

sorry for being cynical. I must be getting grumpy @mid life

AR

L2 Glee;

K8 Wee ABS(SOLD);

SOLD: 06 FZ1; 04 Fireblade; 02 Fireblade; 97 CBR 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode