What is the expected resale value? Selling the strom. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Geology Rocks

What is the expected resale value? Selling the strom.

Well after 2900 miles in 3 weeks the strom has to go.

I am a disabled rider and the bags cause a lot of problems for me. My walking device is inside while I ride but I struggle with the lock sometimes and I can't get off the bike till I have it. Yesterday I dropped the keys because the lock jammed and I had to wait for someone to help. The leg position causes a lot of leg pain. I rode yesterday and was bed ridden most of the day after.

I do have to say though. The strom is an amazing bike. If I were not in this position I would be keeping this bike. Suzuki really hit the nail on the head with it. What is the expected resale of a 2012 ADV with 2900 miles and the suzuki 5 year warranty?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Stromthusiast!

Where are you located? I've been looking at Wees and Vees.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Geology Rocks

Denver Colorado.

post #4 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Stromthusiast!

Darn, that is a bit far from Chicago. Kbb trade is 5200 and retail is 7655.

post #5 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geology Rocks View Post
Well after 2900 miles in 3 weeks the strom has to go.

I am a disabled rider and the bags cause a lot of problems for me. My walking device is inside while I ride but I struggle with the lock sometimes and I can't get off the bike till I have it. Yesterday I dropped the keys because the lock jammed and I had to wait for someone to help. The leg position causes a lot of leg pain. I rode yesterday and was bed ridden most of the day after.

I do have to say though. The strom is an amazing bike. If I were not in this position I would be keeping this bike. Suzuki really hit the nail on the head with it. What is the expected resale of a 2012 ADV with 2900 miles and the suzuki 5 year warranty?

Thanks
Its too bad the ergonomics of the bike & bags aren't working for you but there are some other options if you would like to keep riding the bike:1. you could look into is putting a sidecar on the bike there are outfits that due a sidecar conversion for the 650;2. or you could look at seeing if you can reverse the saddlebag mounts/change the locks or possibly add something like a scabbard mount on the front/ of the bike for your walking aide ( I'm not sure what you are using ).

As to selling price there's retail & book value and you'll probably get somewhere between the two. This time of year is not the best for selling a motorcycle, spring is better.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 10:35 AM
$tromtrooper

If you're having trouble with two wheels, you might want to check out the Can-AM Spyder?

Can-Am Spyder Roadsters by BRP | BRP Canada

They're pretty neat. Not two wheels, but at least you're riding out in the wind and sun. They have a lot of really cool technology to make them oodles of fun.

1979 GL1000 Goldwing / 1992 Nighthawk 250 - Baby
2003 DL1000 - Priscilla / 1997 Concours - Ms. Piggy
2002 DL1000 - Fluffy the Torque Monster (Deceased)
2003 DL1000 - Freya, Queen of the Valkyries
post #7 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Geology Rocks

I have a 2012 super tenere as well and that bike works better. The cockpit is bigger and my holan panniers work better. I will look into peg adjustments and so on before I do anything . I am thinking of trading it on a wr250r but I am not sure.

Thank you for the ideas everyone.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Stromthusiast!

Let me know before you trade it in. I'd give you more than trade value but enough below retail to make the trip from Chicago worthwhile.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geology Rocks View Post
I have a 2012 super tenere as well and that bike works better. The cockpit is bigger and my holan panniers work better. I will look into peg adjustments and so on before I do anything . I am thinking of trading it on a wr250r but I am not sure.

Thank you for the ideas everyone.
I assume that Richland Rick makes his peg lowering kit for the 2012, it does drop the pegs a significant amount and is an inexpensive way to test out a peg adjustment.

Joe S.
'14 HD FLHR
'12 Concours
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
post #10 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
I assume that Richland Rick makes his peg lowering kit for the 2012, it does drop the pegs a significant amount and is an inexpensive way to test out a peg adjustment.
Yes he does and I put a set on my 2013 DL650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode