Saddlemen Adventure TOUR is a winner!!! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-24-2013, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Saddlemen Adventure TOUR is a winner!!!

So after quite the ordeal, Saddlemen found out that their mold pan for the 2012+ seats must have been dropped in production and that's why the Adventure Track i got was so ill fitting. They gave me a choice of seat as compensation for my original run in with their customer service (where we had a bit of a "mis-communication,") and I chose to replace the Adventure Track with an Adventure Tour.

Saddlemen made a new mold, they made me a new Adventure Tour, and today I got it. It's PERFECT. And more importantly, it's the seat I've been looking for. I will test it out on a few trips and see how it does past 60 minutes.

The Track was good, but I wasn't sure about the suede and the rain and I was looking for more of an on-road mile gobbler than an off road ride hard seat.

The Sargent seat I saw was less comfortable to me than the stock seat, and even more insubstantial if that is possible. It just seemed really flimsy and the comfort was worse than stock for me. I could see where the stock seat could work well if I wasn't 200+ pounds.

I have no experience with the Corbin's they look pretty good.

But if someone is looking for a good inexpensive long distance seat made more substantially than the stocker, Give the Adventure Tour a shot. I can't wait to get some miles on it, but just sitting in the garage, it's shaped right and the foam is stiff like my Mustang seat on my Vulcan.

Nice job Saddlemen, you guys came through in the end and that's what counts. Service above and beyond. We all make mistakes, not everyone makes it right as they should, Saddlemen did good. Thanks Thomas at Saddlemen!

15 DL-650 Metallic Triton Blue ABS
14 Vulcan 900 Classic
YouTube.com/PHOTOUNIVERSE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear that Saddlemen stepped up and made things right.

2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R / Galaxy Silver (Traded In)
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 / Metallic Fox Orange
http://2012v-strom650.blogspot.com
post #3 of 12 Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS-LD View Post
Saddlemen found out that their mold pan for the 2012+ seats must have been dropped in production and that's why the Adventure Track i got was so ill fitting.
Likely story.:wink:

But very glad they got it right this time. They redeemed themselves, and that is good for everyone. Post up some shots of your new seat.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 12 Old 09-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

I've had mine for a while now. Probably got about 500 miles on it so far and I'm hoping it'll get broken in pretty soon. It's pretty firm.

It does let me sit a little further back which is a plus.

And the fit on mine was good from the start. Glad to see they stepped up and took care of your trouble. That's what responsible companies do.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V Strom, Jr. View Post
Likely story.:wink:

But very glad they got it right this time. They redeemed themselves, and that is good for everyone. Post up some shots of your new seat.
Likely story is right.

Someone screwed the pooch on this one as I had 2 different Adventure Tracks delivered to me (from REVZILLA who has the BEST customer service!) and neither one was even a remote fit for the bike.

More likely that the engineer tasked with the design and fitment of the seat for the 2012 was dropped on his or her head...

I'd love to see some close up pics of the fit etc if you care to share.

Thanks.

2013 DL650A
2009 DL650A-Gone to a good home
2009 KLR-Gone to a good home
post #6 of 12 Old 09-24-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWStrom View Post
Likely story is right.

Someone screwed the pooch on this one as I had 2 different Adventure Tracks delivered to me (from REVZILLA who has the BEST customer service!) and neither one was even a remote fit for the bike.

More likely that the engineer tasked with the design and fitment of the seat for the 2012 was dropped on his or her head...

I'd love to see some close up pics of the fit etc if you care to share.

Thanks.
Well the Adventure TOUR I just got is a very good fit. It does sit back about 1 inch from where the factory seat met the tank, I can tell by the dust line! But it's symmetrical, flush and you couldn't tell unless the tank was dirty.

The seat is firm, but the stocker was too squishy, so I'm thinking that's a good thing. Today it has rained hard all day, so no road testing. Got to get some pics up soon too.

14 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #7 of 12 Old 09-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I am glad to hear things worked out for you. Good job Saddleman!

I am eager for future updates. I will eventually upgrade the seat on my bike, but I haven't made a choice yet.

2013 DL650 Adventure
post #8 of 12 Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

Definitely share your experiences as you rack on the miles. I am considering Saddlemen's seat, but the heated Trail one. I was wondering if the groove in the middle of the seat would collect rain when parked. Do you know?
If a heated Tour seat comes out, that may be it for me.
Ride Happy!

We're all here, 'cause we're not all there
post #9 of 12 Old 09-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I was wondering if the groove in the middle of the seat would collect rain when parked. Do you know?
There is supposed to be a drain tube that runs under the seat, so it does not collect in the groove.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 12 Old 09-25-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V Strom, Jr. View Post
There is supposed to be a drain tube that runs under the seat, so it does not collect in the groove.
Yea, from what I've read, water does not collect on the channel. BUT, the suede material stays wet for a LONG time. Not like the smooth vinyl which is easily wiped off. Just something to consider if rain+jeans is in the cards. It was for me. Probably the main reason I went with the Tour over the Track.

14 Vulcan 900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode