how to take off the radiator. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 08-28-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

how to take off the radiator.

I have a 2012 adventure model that I bought with 1K miles on it. The previous owner installed bar risers and in the process they re - routed the clutch cable, so now when I lock the handlebars it is between fork tube and the radiator mount. It works good and all, but I would like to route it so that it doesn't get pinched there. In order to do it, I would need to remove the radiator at least on the side opposite to the mounting bolt. It seems like there is some kind of rubber grommet there. Is there an easy way to remove the radiator from its mounts, one screw way, perhaps? I don't want to remove the cable from the lever since I worry that it will mess up my clutch adjustment. If what I am asking for is too difficult I will just leave it as is since it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode