StromTrooper banner

Motorcycle Consumer News DL650 review.

5K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  garandman 
#1 ·
The May 2004 issue has a full report on the 650. Wet weight 471.5 lbs. (51.5 lbs. lighter than big brother), top speed 114.5 mph.

1/4 mile 12.52 sec @101 mph

horse power 62 @about 8500 rpms

torque 42.2 lb. ft. @7000 rpms

speed @ 65 mph indicated is 60.5

fuel mileage high/low/avg. 54.9/41.7/47.7

They were very impressed with the baby brother.

G
#2 ·
Between that review and the one in Rider Magazine this month, if the DL650 sales aren't brisk, then consumers either don't read or are only interested in "butt jewelry" bikes.

Of note, in the same issue, there's a particularly useful "Proficient Motorcycling" article on packing your bike for travel.

#5 ·
After my beloved '83 Nighthawk 550 died a year ago, I spent every free minute scouring the web for a replacement. At first, I fell hard for a Triumph Street Triple R (still want one -- sexy, sexy bike!), but the more I thought about what I wanted to do on a bike, the more I realized the wee was what I really wanted. In March, I paid cash for a brand new '09 from a dealer in Fairbanks (I live in Anchorage), having only seen one in passing in traffic...twice. I now have 4800 miles (and change) on the bike, and couldn't be happier with it.

#9 ·
I must bask in moments when my buddy evangelizes his undying love for his new 60k dollar M3, about how ridiculously fast it is, he quotes the 0-60 and quarter mile times with passion.... and yet my little grey porrage wee will still beat those numbers and coasts literally 1/10th the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.