DL650 Left Bsignal switch replacement - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL650 from 2004-2006 (K4-K6) and DL650 or DL650A from 2007-2011 (K7-L1)

3Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyWhenRiding
  • 2 Post By HappyWhenRiding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-29-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

DL650 Left Bsignal switch replacement

Has anyone done swapped out this switch
I've got the gas tank half off and I'm not sure I'll be able to get to the connections
Any help appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 02:29 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I personally have not tried to unplug the turn signal connector. Perhaps if you remove the tupperware panels on the left hand side, you will have a better access to trace the turn signal cable back to the connector plug. While you are in there, you may want to snap a pix or two to help when you route the cable again and reassemble. If you post the pix, it may help someone else in the future, faced with a similar task.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I found a picture of a throttle body repair last night and I think I see the end of the connector in the background, so the next thing for me is to pull the airbox.
It helped my spirits a lot to be able to think I'm on the right track.
This also drives home your point, I will take some pictures of the area below the air box and try to post them for others either way.
Gert likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The plug connection is mounted in a very frustrating place behind the radiator and requires removal of the complete airbox to part - and is still a finger numbing problem even then!
Another trooper recently vented his disgust at the surgery needed just to unplug and reconnect the LH switchblock. He was not happy.
Be careful to not drop anything in the throttle bodies, and also to properly reconnect the rubber airbox trumpets during reassembly. That can cause all manner of bad engine issues - and require you to take it all to bits again.

2010 Weestrom; 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X300; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100
post #5 of 6 Old 12-02-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Success Left bar switch replacement

Yes you must all but remove the air box
To do it again I'd allow 3 hours for this job
You will need a really long phillips head for the front throttle body boot or get creative with tape, bits and a 1/4 inch extension
Don't forget to hook up the connector under the left side of the air box before you reassemble everything unless you have real long thin fingers and are good at praying
I have pictures I just can't figure out how to post them without exceeding the limit
Gert and Brockie like this.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-02-2019, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Good job. Well done.
The difficulty in posting images may be because of your low post count, depending on how you are attempting to post the images. You need ten posts up to post links and 20 posts up to engage on the Stromtrooper marketplace. However, it may be possible to post images directly using the "Drag and Drop File Upload" box.
Not exactly sure as I am past those restrictions. They are there to protect us from scammers and hackers so please be patient.

2010 Weestrom; 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X300; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode