Idle dies when cold/possible tps issue. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL650 from 2004-2006 (K4-K6) and DL650 or DL650A from 2007-2011 (K7-L1)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-29-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Idle dies when cold/possible tps issue.

Hello, I have an 2006 dl 650. Went on a big trip earlier this summer. Bike started dying at low idle when stopped. Went I got home I adjusted the high speed idle, and tightened the throttle cable the throttle body assembly. Bikes idled fine again but it seems I had not connected a wire properly as I had an FI light (green connector) at air box. I connected it and then got the same idle issue again but no FI light. The bike will now not idle properly until fully warm. So atleast it now idles but still dies soon after start up. Yes, I have tried to settle the idle properly when warmed up via idle screw. I have also put it in dealer mode and received no codes but did get the COO with the dash up high. After running the bike up to running temp, I adjusted the tps to be at -COO, as per the manual. Started it up again and made sure the idle as at +/- 1300rpm. Again no issues until the bike cool down. It starts up fine, idle sets back down and bike dies. I am thinking it is a faulty tps. Either way, bike runs fine except when cold and at idle. What I did not inspect is at what rpm the dash moves from -COO to the higher level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-30-2019, 04:02 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Welcome to the Forum. Perhaps you should read https://advrider.com/f/threads/v-str...cedure.890110/. Take note of the steps to force the bike to be stuck in fast idle mode. Let us know the out come.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thank you Gert. I will try this tomorrow morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode