GSXR front fork swap? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL650 from 2004-2006 (K4-K6) and DL650 or DL650A from 2007-2011 (K7-L1)

3Likes
  • 3 Post By RichDesmond

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

GSXR front fork swap?

I know my questions similar to this haven't been met with the most positive response but similar to some others i am under going a significant re-model of my wee and i know that with the sv guys a gsxr front fork swap is pretty common and popular but i was wondering if the same is true of the vstroms. would this change the stance of the bike at all? would it be leaning forward/down a bit more?
anyways and info would be appreciated as always!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I guess your first step would be to get a tape measure and compare your significant dimensions to those of a SV. I haven't seen your previous posts so I assume you realize that this is very unlikely to be a bolt on swap.
I don't have a wee but I have ridden them a fair bit. I do have a SV and a V2. It is no secret that the brakes and front suspension on the V2 is much better than the SV. So if you have the resources (time, talent and money) and you are determined to keep your wee ... go for it. Its fun and rewarding to modify motorcycles.

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT ['02 BMW K1200rs SOLD Aug '17]
post #3 of 3 Old 01-28-2019, 06:57 PM
$tromtrooper

Really bad idea. The GSXR forks are much shorter than V-Strom forks (in fact, they're shorter than the SV forks) and that is going to have large impacts on rake, trail and ground clearance.

Even on the SV, GSRX forks have issues, owing to the length and different offset on the triples. Most GSXR conversions end up handling worse than a properly setup set of stock forks would.
Big B, Brockie and NVDucati like this.

Rich Desmond
'07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '99 SV650 (race bike), '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350, '08 Ducati 848
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode