will rox bar risers work on 05wee? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL650 from 2004-2006 (K4-K6) and DL650 or DL650A from 2007-2011 (K7-L1)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By BoogieBodine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-20-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

will rox bar risers work on 05wee?

I would like to raise my bars up some and I can work a trade for a set of rox risers. I don't know if there is enough slack in the electric cables, throttle cables, and hydraulic brake line for the rox risers. they look to take up a lot of slack and it does not seem like there is a lot of slack. has anybody used these? I don't really need all that much rise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-20-2018, 06:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I have an 06 wee and installed a set of 2” rox knockoffs from eBay $28. (So far, so good) had to make a little more room for the brake line and one electric line. Nothing major, just rearrange the clips a bit so they weren’t too snug.

If you call a tail a leg, then how many legs would a dog have?
4....Just because you call a tail a leg, don't make it a leg (Abraham Lincoln)
post #3 of 8 Old 12-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieBodine View Post
I have an 06 wee and installed a set of 2” rox knockoffs from eBay $28. (So far, so good) had to make a little more room for the brake line and one electric line. Nothing major, just rearrange the clips a bit so they weren’t too snug.
Do you remember exactly what changes you made? When I gave it a go I found the brake line to be pretty tight and put off the risers for a time when I could go through and replace all the brake lines with stainless. That said I perhaps didn't take things apart enough when I did it, maybe should give it a go again, and do that.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
Do you remember exactly what changes you made? When I gave it a go I found the brake line to be pretty tight and put off the risers for a time when I could go through and replace all the brake lines with stainless. That said I perhaps didn't take things apart enough when I did it, maybe should give it a go again, and do that.
Yeah, the brake line was pretty tight so I loosened the lower wire guide/clip on the triple tree and rotated it upward to allow for more slack. I also may have bent the wire “hoop” portion a bit to make sure it ran straight as I recall. The electric line on the left was also tight when turning the bars, so I bent that wire guide to accommodate as well. Believe that was it. The rise didn’t so much cause the issue as did the pullback, (40deg-ish) that I really needed. Hope that helps
rambaldi likes this.

post #5 of 8 Old 12-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

It will be a little easier if you drop the front forks about 12-15mm in the tripple tree clamps. Also helps the steering, makes it a little quicker and in general helps to reduce front aerodynamic lift at speed.

…....
Blau1 2004 DL650-sold
Blau2 2014 DL1000A
post #6 of 8 Old 12-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaustrom View Post
It will be a little easier if you drop the front forks about 12-15mm in the tripple tree clamps. Also helps the steering, makes it a little quicker and in general helps to reduce front aerodynamic lift at speed.
A clean solution with benefits!

post #7 of 8 Old 12-22-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaustrom View Post
I think you mean to raise the fork tubes in the triple clamps. which will lower the front end causing you to need to raise the handlebars more to make up for the lower handlebar mounting. (closer to the ground). I was just out washing my ignition switch with carb cleaner and compressed air and considering raising my handlebar mounts. I don't think moving the fork tubes up or down will give you any help when raising the handlebars. I could be wrong, I just got the results of some bone density tests and my doc says I am pretty dense. my ignition switch works great now that it is clean as a weasel. I should have tried that a long time ago. I got a good price on my wee in part because the PO thought it was going to have to have the semi cooperative switch replaced. like I say it works great today. if you wash your ign switch with carb cleaner and compressed air, use some rags to catch the flying dirty carb cleaner.

Last edited by RLBranson; 12-22-2018 at 01:57 PM. Reason: add information
post #8 of 8 Old 12-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Correct, I meant drop the front by raising the fork tubes in the clamps. Gives you about 1/2" more clearance for the brake line. In my case that was enough (2004WEE).

…....
Blau1 2004 DL650-sold
Blau2 2014 DL1000A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode