What skid plate fits the Delkevic exhaust? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL650 from 2004-2006 (K4-K6) and DL650 or DL650A from 2007-2011 (K7-L1)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-06-2018, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
What skid plate fits the Delkevic exhaust?

Hey! I just installed the Delkevic exhaust and am loving the sound, but was wondering what skid plate will fit with this system installed. The previous owner had a completely custom system (along with ugly welds) that won't fit anymore and weighs over 25 pounds. I'd rather not leave my oil filter too exposed, but I don't need anything too crazy as I don't do major off-roading.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Y'all have been lifesavers on multiple occasions.

edit. My bike is an 05' DL650

Last edited by kingkille82; 03-06-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
idk if it work with the Delkevic, but my short skid plate from outback motortek was working with my dominator system

2018 Yellow DL1000
post #3 of 4 Old 02-03-2019, 02:22 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Hello, Did you (or anyone else?) ever find a skid plate that would fit with the Delkevic exhaust? I bought a used 2007 DL650 recently and would like to put on a skid plate. I tried one so far but the Delkevic exhaust pipe is *lower* than the stock at the back of the plate so it couldn't fit.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Also interested to hear about this. I have an AMS skid plate that is nice and beefy but I've read it does not work with delkevic exhausts.

2009 Wee-Strom. Center Stand, Givi crash bars, AMS skid plate, MadStad wind screen mount, Cee Baily Windscreen, voltmeter, fork mount fog lights, Shinko 804/805, seat concepts saddle, EB PC8,heated grips, single headlight cutout, dual USB charger, 12v charger. Next mods: sonic springs, short blinkers, bark busters, delkevic exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode