2011 battery not charging? - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL650 from 2004-2006 (K4-K6) and DL650 or DL650A from 2007-2011 (K7-L1)

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 Old 10-14-2017, 10:27 AM
$tromtrooper

Batteries typically last 3 to 5 years depending on how much you ride and if you periodically put it in a charger. If the original battery just get a new one. I've gone 3 years and up to 7 years. My '09 650 battery just went two week ago. Bad battery and loose corroded terminals. I have to give a thumbs up for the battery I got at O'Reilly's. The terminal screws were long enough to accommodate my additional accessories and MOSFET. Anyway I think I had a bad cell. It would start cold but after running it would not restart. I stalled it on he way to work and it would not start. That is when I saw the terminals were loose and one slightly corroded. Then on the way home stopped for gas and it would not start. Jumped both times. Now I have a new battery and Antigravity Miscrostart Micro. Vstroms send messages. ONe just ahs to listen.

Vstrom 650 ABS
'09 DR650
'07 Vulcan 900 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 10-14-2017, 10:56 AM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

2013wee650

I probably should clarify that I never put my bikes on a battery tender, but I do ride them year round. I like the idea of a battery tender and those that use them report better battery life than teh four years I generally get. It's just a matter of convenience for me.
post #33 of 34 Old 10-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Stromthusiast!

I ride every day but have too many bikes so one may set a week sometimes. Never put one on a tender .My 011 Wee still has the factory battery and over 59,000. The most miles I ever put on one was my new 01 Nomad. Put over 82,000 on it but a little less than four years old I sold it. Saw the guy sold to a year later and still same one but he had only put around 2,000 more miles on it. I think the more shak'in going on the worse life. Most my old unbalanced and no rubber mount Harleys needed one between one and two years.

post #34 of 34 Old 10-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Stromthusiast!

Fit a volt meter and load test your battery while in the bike before every ride to give you confidence.

My 09 Wee still has the original battery but we get to ride all year round down here.

Original equipment batteries tend to last more than twice as long as a aftermarket one in cars and bikes.

Some of the 19 rides in my shed
2014 V2, Snoopy
2009 Wee, Pumbaa the pig
WR450F, The Blue Postie Bike
YZ250N smoker with rego, Stinky.
Yamaha MT09 (FZ09), The Scud missile.
Club Lead not Club Med.
He with the most toys wins.
Out of my depth in a puddle.
Live life on the edge you will see more that way.
Ridding a motorcycle keeps things in balance.
At the end of each trail and at the end of each day history is made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
battery , electrical , ignition , start , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode