StromTrooper banner

F1 Flashing and getting a -c00

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  frgibson 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2018 DL1000A ABS model and the check engine light is on with a flashing F1 on the dash. No other lights are on. I’ve put it in dealer mode and I’m getting the -c00 code. I’ve disconnected the battery for a few minutes while I checked all my fuses. And it’s still there regardless if the motor is running. Everything seems good. Motor runs fine. I read a thread somewhere saying that there is an ABS diag connector somewhere. My ABS light is not on but I figured why not. Nothing else is producing a problem to be addressed. I’ve searched this forum and have read so many threads, just nothing like what I’m experiencing. Any ideas?

#4 ·
I rode it down to a campsite but it didn’t get wet or anything. Just dirt roads. It is in warranty but it’s my only form of transportation so if I could figure it out myself... you get it. It was below freezing the 2 nights I was down there but when it warmed up, there was no change. Still a code with no code.

#6 ·
Hi, Have you gotten it fixed ?
If not, check the clutch safety switch. Jiggle it / remove, clean and reinstall or just replace it. They are not expensive and are know to partially fail. That switch talks to the EMU. I carry a spare under my seat.

#7 ·
...I read a thread somewhere saying that there is an ABS diag connector somewhere...
The ABS diagnostic connector is in the under seat compartment on the right side (when looking forward toward the front tire, i.e. the "starboard" side). It's taped to the wiring harness that goes to the tail lights. Or, at least it is on the 2014 DL1000. Not sure if it still in the same place on the 2018.

#8 ·
I had to adjust the exhaust valve on my 2014, the cables had stretched a little, I have had no issues since.

#9 ·
Ok, just an update. If you get the FI flashing and when you put it in dealer mode and get the -c00, look at your exhaust. My problem ended up being a rock that was in the exhaust pipe valve cover causing havoc. That valve couldn’t operate correctly. It was enough to run fine and ride fine but also restricted movement enough to make the FI flash with the check engine light on. When you turn the key on and watch that valve, it will cycle both ways. If doesn’t do that cycle like it should, hello FI.

#11 ·
I had the same issue. We have a lot of gravel.roads. After reading this on code -c00, (not listed as a valid error code in any publications I could find) I removed the exhaust valve cover and a small piece of gravel fell out! So relieved I didn't have to take it to a dealer. Im heading to AK on an 8000 mile adventure. This was very helpful, I don't think my dealer could get my bike fixed in time for my trip in 2 weeks.
Thank-you!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.