Please share your ECU number - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-24-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Please share your ECU number

Ok, I need your help. Could you post the model of the ECU that is in your 2017+ DL1000, the mfg date that printed on the right side of the frame (just over the vin number) and in which country you bough it.

Why you ask? I purchased from Woolich racing a ECU programming kit, so a shop can tune my bike for my full Arrow exhaust and disable the deceleration fuel cut. Woolich HQ is based in Australia, so their first 2018 DL1000 had an EUR/AUS ECU that work with an immobilizer, so if I would have flash my bike with this image it would have been dead. Now, being their first NA 2018 DL1000, I had to send them my ECU so they can extract the image of the ECU.

This issue is that their 2018 (ECU# 32920-31JA0) had a type 11 harness connector, mine is a type 2 and my ECU number if you look it up on Partzilla is also good for a 2016. They don't understand why my bike would have a 2016 ECU with different connector.

More info I found on Partzilla, they seem to have 3 different model E03,E28 and E33, but from what I can see the only difference between the E03 and E28 are the label that are English only for the E03 and multilingual for the E28 (both use the 32920-31J12 ECU) . The E33 is the California bike since it have the EVAP system, but it also use a different ECU# 32920-31J22. I've look on a European Suzuki parts store (www.bike-parts-suz.com) and found only one model the E21, it have the 32920-31JA0 ECU that is now replaced by the 32920-31JA1. On an Australian Suzuki parts store (Mick Hone - Home Page) I've found the model E24 use the same ECU as the European E21.

So from the info I found it seems that the NA bike are using the 32920-31J12 and 32920-31J22 ECU, but would like to make sure there's not another variable like the MFG date.

Thanks

My 2018 DL1000A
ECU: 32920-31J12
Mfg date: 02/2017

2018 Yellow DL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode