Best Seat for the 2018 VStrom XT 1000 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 06-27-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Best Seat for the 2018 VStrom XT 1000

What is the most comfortable aftermarket seat for this VStrom? Any help will be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018 VStrom 1000 XT.jpg (451.1 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Russel Day Long would be the most comfortable, but because of the tractor seat style it makes standing up difficult so I am not a huge fan of them.

Saddlemen makes a great seat and I have never heard any complaints.

I'm very happy with my Seat Concepts seat, I can do 600 mile/1000km days with ease on it. It's hard to beat for the price, some people find them to firm but I suspect they are just not broken in yet. They take about 3000 miles/5000km to break in and soften up.
richlandrick likes this.

2018 Vstrom 1000
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad
post #3 of 21 Old 07-03-2019, 12:59 AM
Stromthusiast!

I am testing the Sargent world performance and shad right now. Sargent comfy but firm, but a little tractor like as Tenny noted.

shad not as comfy but more normal feeling. Both are top quality. Shad fits like a glove

post #4 of 21 Old 07-03-2019, 01:25 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocanada View Post
I am testing the Sargent world performance and shad right now. Sargent comfy but firm, but a little tractor like as Tenny noted.

shad not as comfy but more normal feeling. Both are top quality. Shad fits like a glove
Ditto. I've had both and went with the Sargent. Mostly because thats what I had on my 650 and my rear seems to like it.

DL-1000 L8
DL-650 K5 red(122K)
09 DRZ400
The thrill of living should never be traded
for the safety of existence.
Member of the 100,000 mile club.
post #5 of 21 Old 07-03-2019, 10:05 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I'm of the opinion that no seat is comfortable after a certain amount of time sitting on it.
I haven't had a high dollar seat so I may be wrong but I won't spend the bucks to find out!

I did get a Seat Concepts seat for my DL-650 and it was a bit more comfy I guess not amazingly so though, butt still got sore after awhile.

I've got the Suzuki high seat on my 2014 DL-1000 and it's fine. Bought it to raise my position up to get a bit more legroom.
Also I've got bar risers. Getting the bike set up for you ergonomically will be more beneficial than just changing the seat IMO.

I find that moving around into different positions is what keeps soreness manageable. Still sitting on a bike all day isn't comfy no matter what, heck I can't sit in my recliner all day either!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13
post #6 of 21 Old 07-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Stromthusiast!

I am leaning toward the shad cause if feels more "normal"
post #7 of 21 Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Stromthusiast!

Too many variables

I can tell you what the worst seat is - that's the stock one

Pretty much anything else is better... what's best is specific between you and your ass

I have a SC tall and I like it fine but I still get sore after a few hours

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You canít grasp its vastness from a plane. Itís diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt." - Zach Bowman

My SmugMug galleries (copy & paste)---> https://meefzah.smugmug.com/
post #8 of 21 Old 07-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocanada View Post

Would you say the Shad is an upgrade from stock? I am looking at both but the Shad has a nicer look to it.
post #9 of 21 Old 07-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirio View Post
Would you say the Shad is an upgrade from stock? I am looking at both but the Shad has a nicer look to it.
Yes one thing I notice, however, is that both the sergeant and the shad place the wide part of the seat further back which makes the reach to the handlebars farther and creates its own issues.

I am about to put ion bar backs and see of that not only solves the reach issue but also affects the seat comfort by purring me in the Shad's sweet spot. I will be doing so in the next few weeks and will report back
fujirio likes this.
post #10 of 21 Old 07-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

everyone will have their own opinion on which seat is best for them. I got a near new Sargent seat at a nice price from a member on this forum. The Sargent was a good enough improvement for me in terms of comfort over the factory seat, so I was content to stay with it. Had a Corbin on my last bagger and it worked out well on that bike. Lots of great options out there. Good luck with the search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in