Make sure you get the *factory* R/L Cowling Cover & Screws - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Webfors
  • 1 Post By Plateauplower
  • 1 Post By Motorpsychology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-19-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Make sure you get the *factory* R/L Cowling Cover & Screws

My '18 XT came with Suzuki OEM luggage. The mounting brackets for these replace the OEM/factory L/R cowling covers just below the seat.

Without these covers you will be unable to mount any aftermarket Givi/Kappa side or top case racks since these products assume these cowlings to be in place.

The dealer hasn't been helpful and has deferred the responsibility of solving this to the customer. A real hit to them IMO considering how much I praised them in previous posts.

After spending time at the parts counter and sorting through parts diagrams I have itemized the required parts as follows:

47411-31J00 Right Side
47511-31J00 Left Side
47913-31J00 Screw (6 required, 3 each side)
09139-06120 Screw (4 required, 2 each side)

When you buy a bike, and there are "addons" make sure you insist on the factory installed parts that may have been swapped out. Otherwise you will be unable to put back to "factory" state.

I have a load of Givi/Kappa gear in my garage just sitting there waiting for the backordered parts to show up. I'm looking at 3-4 weeks.
emjrrider likes this.

Two wheelz for realz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

That sucks, but I could see it happening. Tech installs add-on equipment and "extra parts" go to the "extra parts bin". Maybe reaching out to Suzuki via an email and explaining the situation would get you some at no cost. Factory warranty through the dealer for your missing parts
Webfors likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
That sucks, but I could see it happening. Tech installs add-on equipment and "extra parts" go to the "extra parts bin". Maybe reaching out to Suzuki via an email and explaining the situation would get you some at no cost. Factory warranty through the dealer for your missing parts
My ire is the wait time to get the parts and how that messes with my ability to enjoy the bike. Not necessarily the cost. But I get what you're saying. I might just reach out to them and voice my concerns.

Two wheelz for realz!

post #4 of 5 Old 06-24-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

All sorted out. I got the cowlings on Friday. Looks like contacting Suzuki Canada gave them the shove they needed to get it done.

Two wheelz for realz!
post #5 of 5 Old 06-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfors View Post
All sorted out. I got the cowlings on Friday. Looks like contacting Suzuki Canada gave them the shove they needed to get it done.
Good for you, @Webfors . I was fortunate that my dealer gave me the oem standard cowlings as mine came with the Suzuki panniers. I bought it as a leftover 2017 in May 2018 and they were including free panniers with the leftover '17s.
The bags were already installed when I picked up the bike.
Webfors likes this.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you are not concerned with who gets the credit"- Patrick Griffin
18 wheels move the cargo, 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul -unknown
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. - John Muir
I visited the Air & Space Museum- didn't see a thing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode