New 2018 DL1000 XT Owner - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

 24Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 Old 06-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
 
realshelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,734
I used to run 20-50 in my Vee. It does soften the 1-2 crunchy shift. I really don't see any negative to it, beyond I might not want to run it when temps cool down due to starting cold engines.

Forget about the Idle Hammer. Tell'um its Thors Hammer winding up!
V-Tom and Webfors like this.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
realshelby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 25 Old 06-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Moderator
 
Rudderfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Westerville Ohio
Posts: 1,327
Congrats Eric! Really looking forward to riding together again sometime soon. Maybe I can convince the boys to come up to Kanuckistan next round. :-)

BTW it pained me to sell my decked out 2013 DL650 last weekend especially after she was magnificent again in the Smokies, but I got a fair price and the buyer and his also-motorcyclist wife are already loving it. I'm still waiting for my 790R but hope to have it next weekend or soon after. It's nerve wracking to be without a street bike!
Webfors likes this.

2013 DL650 ABS, 2013 Beta 350RR, 1991 XR250L
Rudderfeet is online now  
post #13 of 25 Old 06-09-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper
 
Webfors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudderfeet View Post
Congrats Eric! Really looking forward to riding together again sometime soon. Maybe I can convince the boys to come up to Kanuckistan next round. :-)

BTW it pained me to sell my decked out 2013 DL650 last weekend especially after she was magnificent again in the Smokies, but I got a fair price and the buyer and his also-motorcyclist wife are already loving it. I'm still waiting for my 790R but hope to have it next weekend or soon after. It's nerve wracking to be without a street bike!
Thanks man! Likewise.

Waiting for a bike is killer, especially if you don't have one in the meantime.

It was hard to hand over my 650. Such a great bike and setup exactly the way I wanted it. The deal on the 1000 was too good to pass up and I got hooked on it after having it for the weekend as a loaner.
Rudderfeet likes this.

Two wheels for realz!
Webfors is offline  
 
post #14 of 25 Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper
 
Webfors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
Forget about the Idle Hammer. Tell'um its Thors Hammer winding up!
Lol, you definitely have to accept it as a characteristic of the bike, otherwise it'll drive you nuts.

Another option is get an exhaust so loud that you can't hear it

Two wheels for realz!
Webfors is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 06-12-2019, 03:17 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Posts: 17
Garage
Eric, I had extensive fender rubbing (melted the underside plastic) with the 804's when speed caused it to elongate. Are you aware of the riser kit for the front fender? FYI CE
Webfors likes this.
ChazEd is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 06-12-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper
 
Webfors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazEd View Post
Eric, I had extensive fender rubbing (melted the underside plastic) with the 804's when speed caused it to elongate. Are you aware of the riser kit for the front fender? FYI CE
This is the second report I have read on the 804's causing this.

I am aware of the fender riser kit from ADVTECH. I had it on my 650. Looks like I'm in for a redo on the 1000 if I want to avoid that scenario. Will the 0.65 inch kit suffice or do I need to go with the 1.6 inch kit?

I did hear some strange noise on the highway the other day. I bet that was it.

You forget all the work you put into a bike... until you get a new bike
Rudderfeet likes this.

Two wheels for realz!
Webfors is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 06-12-2019, 03:50 PM
KSM
Stromthusiast!
 
KSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles Area
Posts: 156
Nice bike! And west-end Ottawa, I grew up there.
Webfors likes this.

2012 DL650A (purchased Dec 2017)
2005 DRZ400S (sold Dec 2017)
1972 Norton Commando (sold 1984)
1978 Suzuki DR370 (sold 1982)
KSM is online now  
post #18 of 25 Old 06-12-2019, 03:53 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Posts: 17
Garage
I went with .65 but had to abandon the ABS keeper clip on back of fender to allow for clearance.. I don't see any negative impact to letting hose line ride loose. I didn't hear any rubbing but noticed a small crown on melted plastic on the back lower edge of fender when I got home... I was a little pissed at Suzuki for providing so little clearance on an "Adventure" moto... Loved the tires in the sands of Nev. last year and will use them up on ID BDR in August... Let's go baby!!!"...
Rudderfeet and Webfors like this.
ChazEd is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 06-12-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper
 
Webfors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazEd View Post
I went with .65 but had to abandon the ABS keeper clip on back of fender to allow for clearance.. I don't see any negative impact to letting hose line ride loose. I didn't hear any rubbing but noticed a small crown on melted plastic on the back lower edge of fender when I got home... I was a little pissed at Suzuki for providing so little clearance on an "Adventure" moto... Loved the tires in the sands of Nev. last year and will use them up on ID BDR in August... Let's go baby!!!"...
Thanks! Just ordered the .65 kit. I also love these Shinkos. Had them on my 650 for 5000km down to the rally and back. They tore up every road I threw at them.
Big B and Rudderfeet like this.

Two wheels for realz!
Webfors is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 06-12-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper
 
Webfors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM View Post
Nice bike! And west-end Ottawa, I grew up there.
You need to tell me the secret to moving to sunnier, warmer, and more bike friendly locations.

Two wheels for realz!
Webfors is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome