New doctor vstrom video brake series - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-05-2019, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

New doctor vstrom video brake series

Hello Stromtroopers,

New video servicing the rear caliper & great tips

https://youtu.be/-i00Gg7sMqc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-05-2019, 12:55 PM
$tromtrooper

I see most of your postings giving us updates of your new videos. Most people just click the links without responding. I just want to provide a reply to thank you for them. They are helpful, educational and very, very well done. Thank you.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-06-2019, 12:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

This is a 2018 DL650 from the looks of it. The caliper is not the same as my 2014 - 2018 and I do not have the rear suspension adjustment on the right side of the bike.
Very informative however, and likely a similar process for the DL1000.

He sure cleans that up nicely, cripes. Maybe he needs to build a plastic box around it all so no dirt or dust can ever get inside it.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-06-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Hey Bugzy,

Yes it is a 2017 650.
Yes the caliper might not be the same but 90% of the process is the same including the tips to make your own hex socket tips.
Plastic box ? No
Go watch my 4 last vids and look at the forks. You will see the same mud in the same place for several videos and therefore the last month or so.
In fact in the one where I service the front calipers I show a piece of gravel that I removed from inside the caliper.
This is my first caliper clean since the bike was bought, thatís 2 years now.

Anyways, ride safe.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-07-2019, 01:53 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasound View Post
This is my first caliper clean since the bike was bought, thatís 2 years now.
Wow, amazingly clean then. You would be horrified to see mine after 3 years riding in calcium chloride and mud, but they keep on working just fine.

I should get in there and scrape the chunks out one of these days though.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-07-2019, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugzy View Post
Wow, amazingly clean then. You would be horrified to see mine after 3 years riding in calcium chloride and mud, but they keep on working just fine.

I should get in there and scrape the chunks out one of these days though.
You are very lucky then. No one wants failure of critical parts such as brakes and on a motorcycle. It does not require much effort, just to use hot soapy water, brushes and then the right products to protect once every 1 or 2 years and that again depends on the riding conditions.
Preventative maintainance is key as no one wants to be buying new, expensive components to replace, especially such critical parts for safety.
Show your bike some love every now and then.

Ride safe man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode