Vee 2 Suspension upgrade Cycle Canada test, part II - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-18-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Vee 2 Suspension upgrade Cycle Canada test, part II

Thanks to vanislejay, I am not computer literate and can finally post this story

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11M9...ew?usp=sharing
vanislejay likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocanada View Post
Thanks to vanislejay, I am not computer literate and can finally post this story
Glad I could help out!!

2003 DL1000
Too much other broken stuff to list
post #3 of 13 Old 01-18-2019, 03:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Great article David, seriously considering upgrading my Vstrom. I've already been in touch with Accelerated Technologies. The cost is the only thing holding me back at this point... I could buy another bike for the cost of the suspension upgrade haha.

2018 Vstrom 1000
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad

post #4 of 13 Old 01-18-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

two things Tenny

1) Read the other article I posted. I think the bike is worth spending money on. Even if the total outlay was the same i'd buy the suzuki over the triumph and the duke or a ktm (Honda cam close though). Simplicity and light weight are virtues

2) Depending on how much you weigh ideally between 75 and 90 kilos, you might get away with just the compression adjuster up front and a basic Touratech or progressive shock in back. I'd buy the Touratech if you're doing a lot of two up because of the preload adjustment.

But either way, the total cost outlet would be about 1600 (you could install the shock yourself, it's not too hard.

if you weigh more or less than that amount then you might need to do the front cartridge or the Racetech thing, which will add money.

Good luck and say hello to John for me.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-18-2019, 10:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
two things Tenny

1) Read the other article I posted. I think the bike is worth spending money on. Even if the total outlay was the same i'd buy the suzuki over the triumph and the duke or a ktm (Honda cam close though). Simplicity and light weight are virtues

2) Depending on how much you weigh ideally between 75 and 90 kilos, you might get away with just the compression adjuster up front and a basic Touratech or progressive shock in back. I'd buy the Touratech if you're doing a lot of two up because of the preload adjustment.

But either way, the total cost outlet would be about 1600 (you could install the shock yourself, it's not too hard.

if you weigh more or less than that amount then you might need to do the front cartridge or the Racetech thing, which will add money.

Read both articles, greatly enjoyed them I'm way over 90 kilos haha plus I ride 2up. I don't ride overly aggressive though so John had priced out another option for me of having them rebuild my stock shock. He gave me a few great options. I've got some time to think it over, no rush this time of year haha. I may pull my shock and mail it to him, have him rebuild it and then throw in some heavier fork springs and see how that works. It would be an improvement for sure and not nearly as expensive.

2018 Vstrom 1000
post #6 of 13 Old 01-18-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

get the compression damping adjusters as well
post #7 of 13 Old 01-19-2019, 12:01 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
get the compression damping adjusters as well
I'm debating buying the tourtech explore HP for the back since that is where all the weight is. Wife and I are doing a Gaspe trip this summer and I think that would make the biggest difference. The front forks I am thinking 1.1kg springs for now and then maybe next year do the setup like you have.

2018 Vstrom 1000
post #8 of 13 Old 01-19-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Explorer hP would be good lots of preload adjustability.

how much do you weigh? Not prying but 1.1 seems excessive
post #9 of 13 Old 03-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Explorer HP has been ordered along with the 1.1. Thanks for the chat and advice!

2018 Vstrom 1000
post #10 of 13 Old 03-07-2019, 11:47 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
two things Tenny

I enjoyed 'the big bounce' can you/someone point me to the 'other article' you mention here?

'simplicity and light weight are virtues' probably the first spec I look for is wet weight. > 500lbs =

14 tooth for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode