2018 V-Banana = First Long Ride - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

10Likes
  • 7 Post By The Infidel
  • 1 Post By The Infidel
  • 1 Post By needles
  • 1 Post By ZRX4ME

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

2018 V-Banana = First Long Ride

Had her a week but the weather has been shite - but first summer sun today so took her out for a 200 mile blast this afternoon through some of Hampshire's finest roads. Chicken Strips duly Removed

All pretty much as expected - Engine and suspension absolute peachy. Pulling out of corners at full grunt, with the low rpm torque pull, I'd even say this thing may be quicker than my highly modified SV1000S, out of corners, which does not really pick up till 4Kthen pulls like a train. No comparison through midrange and top, but I really enjoyed just feeding in the lo end pull by being a gear lower than I'd be usually.

Not used to such a high riding position but this suspension gives confidence, even lent pretty fully over. Could have put knee to ground many times today. The turn in is of course slower, but found myself shifting half a buttock to the left or right,pull her down with you - no problem at all hustling this beastie.

The engine is great, but clearly struggling to 'breathe' with stock exhaust, filter etc. Feels like its being held back. Smooth but maybe just a tad 'throttled'. Already thinking about pulling STV's, modding airbox and decent Full exhaust. She needs more air man!

Seat for me, not perfect. I found myself wanting to sit half on the ridge to the rear seat. easily fixed in time. The feet position Super comfortable, until feet down, then pegs in the way. Sure I'll learn to accommodate over time - Spent the last 20 years on sports bikes so no bother.

The screen. Bloody Awful for me. I'm 5'11" and had the full headbanger vibration. Am taking a 300 mile route tomorrow and the whole thing is coming off. Will sort a screen in time but for now, no screen better.

TCS - No idea, been turned off all Day! Brakes - pretty good vs SV1000, better bite and feel. Abs flashed occasionally, not that I felt any interception at all.

Overall (so far) everything I expected, few things to sort, but worth every bloody penny

Taking her for a beach trip tomorrow for a quick spot of fishing.
If you see the V-banana driving round portland /chesil beach tomorrow - wave and say Hi!

Top Banana!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

I assume by banana you mean you have the yellow color? Please post pics; especially if you have any ride ones from your area.

NC
post #3 of 6 Old 05-03-2018, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
I assume by banana you mean you have the yellow color? Please post pics; especially if you have any ride ones from your area.

NC
https://imgur.com/a/EJC7uZl
https://imgur.com/a/r6K0QcD

ask and it shall be given....

My v-girls
Numbercruncher likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-17-2018, 10:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

Hey! I see you have alloy wheels on your V. How did you get the alloy wheels and yellow trim?
Numbercruncher likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-07-2018, 01:15 AM
Stromthusiast!

europeans get more choices as usual.
Lrobby99 likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

I too just bought a 1000 in the same colour.

Great ride, enjoying it loads.

Have you had any issues with the yellow on the seat getting dirty really easily and not being able to clean it up?

Glen

Suzuki DL1000 - L8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode