Just brought home my DL1000. Easy Questions - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-11-2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Just brought home my DL1000. Where's the Flasher?

Hey Guys,

I just got my new 2018 XT home and being the tinkerer, I went right for under the seat.

Question: Where the heck is the darn flasher? I want to install a different one to allow me to use my LED bulbs I took of my 650 which I traded. I can't find that sucker. I ordered a full shop service manual but won't have it for a few days.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ron

Last edited by Ron Strommer; 04-12-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-12-2018, 01:25 AM
Stromthusiast!

I replaced it on mine. It wasn't easy to find it but once I've found it, it wasn't that hard to do it.
It's not where it was on '14 DL1000. To get to it, you have to remove the battery, lift the fuse box and then unscrew the plastic bellow the battery. It's held by 3 vertical screws, then 2 more horizontal screws on each side, screwed into the subframe. Then, there are still 2 clips accessed from the wheel arch.
Lrobby99 likes this.

2017 DL1000 White
2014 DL1000 Red (sold)
2012 DL650 White (sold)
post #3 of 11 Old 04-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnjo View Post
I replaced it on mine. It wasn't easy to find it but once I've found it, it wasn't that hard to do it.
It's not where it was on '14 DL1000. To get to it, you have to remove the battery, lift the fuse box and then unscrew the plastic bellow the battery. It's held by 3 vertical screws, then 2 more horizontal screws on each side, screwed into the subframe. Then, there are still 2 clips accessed from the wheel arch.
I've noticed, they really son't make these easy to work on. Very little extra space and everything seems sort of inaccessible without removing a bunch of other stuff. You want to change the air filter? Have to remove the tank. To get the tank off, have to remove plastic trim pieces. There are layers of plastic, some with those pesky little fasteners holding wiring in place.
Lrobby99 likes this.

2018 Flee-Strom 1000XT

post #4 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnjo View Post
Thanks for the info but I can't find it. I have the battery out, the whole battery box lifted, fuse box and even ECM lifted and I can't find anything that resembles a flasher. I'm sure it's staring me right in the face, however. Why the heck did they have to bury it!

EDIT: I FOUND IT!

Last edited by Ron Strommer; 04-17-2018 at 04:40 PM.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 02:55 PM
$tromtrooper

Garage
Another new 1000XT
wow
these things are going like hotcakes.
Congrats, enjoy!

Location of the flasher may be dependent on color.
What color did you get?

2018 1000XT, black. The Night's Watch. Givi engine bars, rear wheel mud guard, radiator screen. Givi V56 Litre Monokey topcase. Puig screen. Freeway Blaster horn. Speedohealer. SW Motech guards for R. brake reservoir, R. brake cylinder, exhaust pipe valve. Aprilia Tuono mirrors. GPR exhaust slip-on.
2006 DL1000, The Red Rhino. Gone for good.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrobby99 View Post
Location of the flasher may be dependent on color.
What color did you get?
Really? Black XT.
Lrobby99 likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighammer View Post
I've noticed, they really son't make these easy to work on. Very little extra space and everything seems sort of inaccessible without removing a bunch of other stuff. You want to change the air filter? Have to remove the tank. To get the tank off, have to remove plastic trim pieces. There are layers of plastic, some with those pesky little fasteners holding wiring in place.
My 2018 DL1000 is a dream to work on compared to my 2013 FJR1300 I sold last year, and even though it was one hell of a road bike, the difficulty of working on it was one of the main reasons I sold it.

2018 black DL1000XA with Arrow header, Holeshot slip-on, mag rims w/silver rim tape, Custom Lamm seat, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, V-Stream sport screen, Givi hugger, Cox radiator guard and lots of custom parts and mods

2007 Suzuki Candy Sonoma Red naked Bandit 1250S/AK7.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Finally! Man, that is a heck of a place for a flasher!

Last edited by Ron Strommer; 04-17-2018 at 04:41 PM.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Strommer View Post
Finally! Man, that is a heck of a place for a flasher!
OK, now that you've done it, any shortcuts?

2018 Flee-Strom 1000XT
post #10 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighammer View Post
OK, now that you've done it, any shortcuts?
Not really. It's on a little clip in between the front of the battery box and the back of the ABS controller. If I had a lift I thought maybe it could be accessible from underneath but I doubt it. Whoever decided it was to be moved there should be fired. These things have always been easily accessed under the seat somewhere.
bighammer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode