New 2018 Vstrom Price in your County - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 Old 04-09-2018, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Question New 2018 Vstrom Price in your County

I am seriously tempted to upgrade to 2018 big V strom and checking the price in local dealerships .
lowest of All in Southern California ,advertise price for base model is under 10K + fees.
it goes up to 12k+and ad fees to that
what price did you pay out the door if you have recently bought one 1000 CC newer generations , and if you recommend the bike.
Thank you
Ride safe
Ride long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 11:45 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Bump.

Also looking. 2018 dl1000xt on Long Island,NY.
post #3 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

not too many response for this year/Model.
is it a bad sign?

post #4 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

what is the justification to get a 2018 DL1000XT VStrom and not a Africa Twin ?
post #5 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

I think it somewhat depends on how much paved vs unpaved you do.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-...rica-twin.html
Ennsync likes this.

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS (Candy Daring Red)
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS (Graphite Grey)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (sold)
post #6 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
I think it somewhat depends on how much paved vs unpaved you do.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-...rica-twin.html
That is true , but Africa twin has the advantage of off -road , and as good or even better on paved than any bike , only difference is price. And quality to me. but I like both very much .
post #7 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

I can tell you from living in the Ozarks and riding twisties constantly (two hair-pin turns just to get out of my neighborhood) and riding a ton of adventure bikes including the AT multiple times. A 19" front wheel is better than a 21" wheel for tracking through tight paved twisties. The V-Strom is the clear on-pavement winner when you compare them (a buddy and I did just that about six months ago on a stretch of five climbing tight twisties and about 500 ft of elevation - it is obvious when you run bikes of different front tire sizes together). That thread I posted even includes that point.

That is the trade-off for better off-road performance with a bigger wheel and longer front suspension. Don't get me wrong either will work just fine but the off-road edge goes to the AT and paved edge goes to the V-Strom. You can't beat the physics. I rode a 17" front tire GSX through the same stretch of twisties and it was even better. The 19" on the V-Strom is actually a compromise. The 21" AT with the long suspension is noticeably a little less tight in tracking the tight turns but still fine. It's whatever your wants and needs are but the AT does not quite catch the V-Strom for paved road performance. Another buddy has a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC SE with the 21" front wheel and it is similar. Advantage for off paved roads.

If you live in a flat area with straight roads I guess it is less important. I have a hard time finding a straight level road. I actually bought a second much lighter bike for riding our countless miles of gravel/dirt fire roads but that is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennsync View Post
That is true , but Africa twin has the advantage of off -road , and as good or even better on paved than any bike , only difference is price. And quality to me. but I like both very much .

Last edited by SECoda; 04-13-2018 at 04:55 PM.
post #8 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
I can tell you from living in the Ozarks and riding twisties constantly (two hair-pin turns just to get out of my neighborhood) and riding a ton of adventure bikes including the AT multiple times. A 19" front wheel is better than a 21" wheel for tracking through tight paved twisties. The V-Strom is the clear on-pavement winner when you compare them (a buddy and I did just that about six months ago on a stretch of five climbing tight twisties and about 500 ft of elevation - it is obvious when you run bikes of different front tire sizes together). That thread I posted even includes that point.

That is the trade-off for better off-road performance with a bigger wheel and longer front suspension. Don't get me wrong either will work just fine but the off-road edge goes to the AT and paved edge goes to the V-Strom. You can't beat the physics. I rode a 17" front tire GSX through the same stretch of twisties and it was even better. The 19" on the V-Strom is actually a compromise. The 21" AT with the long suspension is noticeably a little less tight in the tight turns but still fine. It's whatever your wants and needs are but the AT does not quite catch the V-Strom for paved road performance. Another buddy has a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC SE with the 21" front wheel and it is similar. Advantage for off paved roads.

If you live in a flat area with straight roads I guess it is less important. I have a hard time finding a straight level road. I actually bought a second much lighter bike for riding our countless miles of gravel/dirt fire roads but that is another story.
well , then I need them both.
So better looking for second job too.
post #9 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I say get whatever bike you want, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. The 1000 is a fantastic bike, but it isn't on the the level of the AT in my opinion. It will have the edge as a street bike, but the AT is far superior off pavement and almost as good on pavement......it's a Honda.
Ennsync likes this.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #10 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 05:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Here is my neighborhood. When the leaves are out every twisty is a blind curve because of the heavy woods. That road is very twisty but on the top of some hills. The V-Strom is a great compromise for this kind of riding on paved roads. Either would work just fine. For the constant dirt/gravel roads like the Denali hwy I think the AT or Tiger would easily have the advantage but these paved roads are V-Strom country (ok or an ST or 1200GS). lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennsync View Post
well , then I need them both.
So better looking for second job too.
Ennsync likes this.

Last edited by SECoda; 04-13-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode