New 2018 Vstrom Price in your County - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

 50Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 Old 04-09-2018, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Ennsync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OC,California
Posts: 600
Question New 2018 Vstrom Price in your County

I am seriously tempted to upgrade to 2018 big V strom and checking the price in local dealerships .
lowest of All in Southern California ,advertise price for base model is under 10K + fees.
it goes up to 12k+and ad fees to that
what price did you pay out the door if you have recently bought one 1000 CC newer generations , and if you recommend the bike.
Thank you
Ride safe
Ride long
Ennsync is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 11:45 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
redrage6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mineola,NY
Posts: 44
Garage
Bump.

Also looking. 2018 dl1000xt on Long Island,NY.
redrage6 is offline  
post #3 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Ennsync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OC,California
Posts: 600
not too many response for this year/Model.
is it a bad sign?
Ennsync is offline  
 
post #4 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Ennsync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OC,California
Posts: 600
what is the justification to get a 2018 DL1000XT VStrom and not a Africa Twin ?
Ennsync is offline  
post #5 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
SECoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southern Missouri - Ozarks
Posts: 13,115
I think it somewhat depends on how much paved vs unpaved you do.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-...rica-twin.html
Ennsync likes this.

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS (Candy Daring Red)
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS (Graphite Grey)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (sold)
SECoda is offline  
post #6 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Ennsync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OC,California
Posts: 600
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
I think it somewhat depends on how much paved vs unpaved you do.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-...rica-twin.html
That is true , but Africa twin has the advantage of off -road , and as good or even better on paved than any bike , only difference is price. And quality to me. but I like both very much .
Ennsync is offline  
post #7 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
SECoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southern Missouri - Ozarks
Posts: 13,115
I can tell you from living in the Ozarks and riding twisties constantly (two hair-pin turns just to get out of my neighborhood) and riding a ton of adventure bikes including the AT multiple times. A 19" front wheel is better than a 21" wheel for tracking through tight paved twisties. The V-Strom is the clear on-pavement winner when you compare them (a buddy and I did just that about six months ago on a stretch of five climbing tight twisties and about 500 ft of elevation - it is obvious when you run bikes of different front tire sizes together). That thread I posted even includes that point.

That is the trade-off for better off-road performance with a bigger wheel and longer front suspension. Don't get me wrong either will work just fine but the off-road edge goes to the AT and paved edge goes to the V-Strom. You can't beat the physics. I rode a 17" front tire GSX through the same stretch of twisties and it was even better. The 19" on the V-Strom is actually a compromise. The 21" AT with the long suspension is noticeably a little less tight in tracking the tight turns but still fine. It's whatever your wants and needs are but the AT does not quite catch the V-Strom for paved road performance. Another buddy has a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC SE with the 21" front wheel and it is similar. Advantage for off paved roads.

If you live in a flat area with straight roads I guess it is less important. I have a hard time finding a straight level road. I actually bought a second much lighter bike for riding our countless miles of gravel/dirt fire roads but that is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennsync View Post
That is true , but Africa twin has the advantage of off -road , and as good or even better on paved than any bike , only difference is price. And quality to me. but I like both very much .

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS (Candy Daring Red)
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS (Graphite Grey)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (sold)

Last edited by SECoda; 04-13-2018 at 04:55 PM.
SECoda is offline  
post #8 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Ennsync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OC,California
Posts: 600
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
I can tell you from living in the Ozarks and riding twisties constantly (two hair-pin turns just to get out of my neighborhood) and riding a ton of adventure bikes including the AT multiple times. A 19" front wheel is better than a 21" wheel for tracking through tight paved twisties. The V-Strom is the clear on-pavement winner when you compare them (a buddy and I did just that about six months ago on a stretch of five climbing tight twisties and about 500 ft of elevation - it is obvious when you run bikes of different front tire sizes together). That thread I posted even includes that point.

That is the trade-off for better off-road performance with a bigger wheel and longer front suspension. Don't get me wrong either will work just fine but the off-road edge goes to the AT and paved edge goes to the V-Strom. You can't beat the physics. I rode a 17" front tire GSX through the same stretch of twisties and it was even better. The 19" on the V-Strom is actually a compromise. The 21" AT with the long suspension is noticeably a little less tight in the tight turns but still fine. It's whatever your wants and needs are but the AT does not quite catch the V-Strom for paved road performance. Another buddy has a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC SE with the 21" front wheel and it is similar. Advantage for off paved roads.

If you live in a flat area with straight roads I guess it is less important. I have a hard time finding a straight level road. I actually bought a second much lighter bike for riding our countless miles of gravel/dirt fire roads but that is another story.
well , then I need them both.
So better looking for second job too.
Ennsync is offline  
post #9 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
 
Big B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central OHIO "Go Buckeyes"
Posts: 16,499
Garage
I say get whatever bike you want, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. The 1000 is a fantastic bike, but it isn't on the the level of the AT in my opinion. It will have the edge as a street bike, but the AT is far superior off pavement and almost as good on pavement......it's a Honda.
Ennsync likes this.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”




Big B is online now  
post #10 of 88 Old 04-13-2018, 05:02 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
SECoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southern Missouri - Ozarks
Posts: 13,115
Here is my neighborhood. When the leaves are out every twisty is a blind curve because of the heavy woods. That road is very twisty but on the top of some hills. The V-Strom is a great compromise for this kind of riding on paved roads. Either would work just fine. For the constant dirt/gravel roads like the Denali hwy I think the AT or Tiger would easily have the advantage but these paved roads are V-Strom country (ok or an ST or 1200GS). lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennsync View Post
well , then I need them both.
So better looking for second job too.
Ennsync likes this.

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS (Candy Daring Red)
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS (Graphite Grey)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (sold)

Last edited by SECoda; 04-13-2018 at 05:19 PM.
SECoda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome