Make sure you get the 3 keyed locks with your DL1000 - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 06-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslam View Post
Hello. I’m from Cape Town, South Africa. I have a 2018 1000XT. I need to fit a plug & play “Booster Plug”. I’ve lifted the gas tank but need help to locate the AIT sensor plug and ECU plug. Could you assist? Thanks. Aslam
make a new thread, people aren't going to see this in an older, off topic thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 06-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

With your explanation I just realised what those two locks are for. I purchased the OEM side case used and I have a different key. I had kept them under my seat, just installed it!!! No need for a second key now... Good thing I didnt throw them away when I got my bike.. V-strom 1000 2018..

DR-650 92' to 98'
V-strom 1000 2018 purchased in 19'
post #13 of 14 Old 06-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrobby99 View Post
So that's what those damn things are for. My bike has a big 56l Givi top case and no Suzuki luggage is planned. So these are useless?
It might be a good idea to keep them for when you sell or trade in the bike. The next owner may be able to use them.
Lrobby99 likes this.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you are not concerned with who gets the credit"- Patrick Griffin
"I never said half of that stuff."-Confucius

post #14 of 14 Old 08-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty View Post
make a new thread, people aren't going to see this in an older, off topic thread
Apologies Guys!

Booster Plug issue is resolved thus END OF STORY.

Insofar as the 3 locks are concerned. I must say mine according to locksmith couldn't fit in my Givi TopBox and Panniers.

I ended up grinding the Givi keys at the handle to small enough size to operate it. Its such a pity, because I was so looking forward to having ONE key but no biggie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in