StromTrooper banner

2018 XT

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dwayneh 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Was at the dealership today (October 4, 2017), to confirm my 29” inseam was going to work with the seat height of the 1000. In the process I was able to get a picture, or since my bike isn’t yet mine as delivery is scheduled for Ssturday, I am considering this a “sonogram”.

Well, I did it. I thought about doing this for the past year. I was originally looking at some GS1200A's. The issue with the Beemer, is the closest dealership is in Toronto, which is almost two hours South of me, and that is only if traffic is light (read: 0200 in the morning). What drew me to the V-Strom comes down to plain old common sense. I am trading in a Triumph Sprint ST 1050. Great bike, not so great company when it comes to stocking parts in North America. Every time I needed parts for my Triumph it was a minimum one week wait. When the riding season is only four or five months tops, a week is too long IMHO.

Enter, the V-Strom. Excellent parts availability, robust aftermarket support. It is like buying a Jeep, minus the poor fuel economy. All I have at this point is a VIN, and an update that the "crate" should be arriving into the dealership sometime today or tomorrow. Although I should be excited about the V-Strom, having to trade in the Sprint ST is bitter sweet. I have spent countless hours watching reviews on the Vee XT, what I would like to know, is there anywhere on the bike to put a Powerblock fuse block?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know about your fuse powerblock. Which size it has...but I've put a fuse box just on top of the battery. There's a free space there, just under the actual fuse box and relay box. I didn't mind having to remove a bolt to gain access since that fuse box is for accessories..thus not essential for running the bike.

#3 ·
Congrats on the new bike. Ive got a 2018 as well in kingston ontario.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Canadian models do not have the EVAP, at least mine did not.

#8 ·
So, will the seat height work OK with your 29" inseam? I would love to know because I'm looking at getting a 2018 DL1000 SE myself.

#9 · (Edited)
Oh yes it did indeed! I mean, I am on the balls-of-my-feet, but it is not the least bit uncomfortable. The only thing I had to learn for putting my feet down, was training myself to instead move my feet slightly behind the foot pegs, instead of trying to place my feet on the outside of the pegs, as I did with my last bikes. All-in-all, no issues with my vertically challenged frame.
For reference:
I am 5'6, which in real world measure is 167cm
with a 29" inseam, or again, in real world measure is 73mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.