Space Under the Seat - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 Old 06-18-2019, 10:46 AM
$tromtrooper

I suspect it is. There may be slight differences on routing the new fuel vent/overflow tube.

I was surprised how little room the '18 1000 has compared to my '15 650. I had all kinds of stuff under the 650 seat!

Two wheelz for realz!
'18 DL1000XT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 06-19-2019, 11:32 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Falin View Post
hello all,
sorry for bringing this old thread up, but since I found the info, I did not want to open new thread about it.

my question is, is this EVAP remove guide mentioned in this thread applicable for 650 v-stroms also ? 3rd gen 2017+
the charcoal canister looks exactly the same.

thanks in advance !
I can't imagine there's any difference.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You canít grasp its vastness from a plane. Itís diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt." - Zach Bowman

My SmugMug galleries (copy & paste)---> https://meefzah.smugmug.com/
post #33 of 45 Old 07-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

looks like easy operation removing this, I assume there is no need to mess around with that selenoid?

post #34 of 45 Old 07-12-2019, 06:28 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offnote View Post
looks like easy operation removing this, I assume there is no need to mess around with that selenoid?
What solendoid?

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You canít grasp its vastness from a plane. Itís diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt." - Zach Bowman

post #35 of 45 Old 07-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
What solendoid?
vent valve.
post #36 of 45 Old 07-13-2019, 12:55 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks to the wonderful Meef, I regained my tool storage on my '18 California 1k. Thank you for the easy to follow tutorial!
post #37 of 45 Old 07-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

Ha! You're welcome.

post #38 of 45 Old 07-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
vent valve
Just leave it

post #39 of 45 Old 09-23-2019, 09:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

I am about to do it to mine 650 xt and as I look instruction on this thread I think there is no need to pop up tank and unhook the hose from it,
just reroute it down to the ground after unhooking from canister, right?
post #40 of 45 Old 09-25-2019, 06:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
I am about to do it to mine 650 xt and as I look instruction on this thread I think there is no need to pop up tank and unhook the hose from it,
just reroute it down to the ground after unhooking from canister, right?
Well yes and no. There are two hose under the tank (IIRC) so get the correct one; and the hose won't be long enough to route to the bottom of the frame so you'll need to add length to it or replace it entirely with a longer hose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode