Show us your 2017+ DL1000 - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2017+ DL1000A - 2017 (L7) and later

144Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 78 Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayneh View Post

Hard to see, but I have the SW Motech: crashbars, skid plate, chain guard, Rear brake reservoir protector, tank bag and Oxford Heated Grips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those saddlebags go well with the bike, they really blend in nicely. They also do a good job of hiding the exhaust which is a big plus. That large canister does the bike no favors when the bike is naked, it just sticks out there too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 78 Old 03-15-2018, 02:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayneh View Post

Hard to see, but I have the SW Motech: crashbars, skid plate, chain guard, Rear brake reservoir protector, tank bag and Oxford Heated Grips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have those side cases proven to be large enough for your needs? I like there clean look but each side is about 10 liters smaller than most of the boxy aluminum ones.

NC
vitger and MariusD like this.
post #33 of 78 Old 03-15-2018, 07:26 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
Have those side cases proven to be large enough for your needs? I like there clean look but each side is about 10 liters smaller than most of the boxy aluminum ones.

NC

Ummmm, I keep my first aid kit and tire repair kit, wet riding garments (Frog Togs), in my right side pannier, With plenty of space for more. In the left one is where I keep stuff for me: food, change of clothes, extra riding gear, and water. Now this is my daily load. For a trip, I donít know if they will do the job. For commuting and day tripping they seem more then adequate.

2018 V-Strom 1000 XT
Past Rides:
2008 BMW K1200S, 2005(x2) Triumph Sprint ST 1050, 2005 BMW R1150R, 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500, 2003 Yamaha 650 V-Star,1992 Honda 125 Enduro
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current ride:
2018 V Strom 1000 XT

Past rides:
Honda NX 125 enduro, Yamaha V-Star 650, Suzuki 1500 Intruder,
BMW R1150R, BMW K1200S,
Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (Caspian Blue), Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (Silver)

post #34 of 78 Old 04-08-2018, 05:32 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Enjoying the new Suzuki which I am finding easier to use at lower speeds than my previous Kawasaki Versys 1000.

The only thing that I miss at the moment is that the space under the seat is about a quarter of what I used to have.

Just trying out some Fatbars that I had with some 2Ē Rox risers but I am not to sure about them might try some lower risers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vstrom2 email.jpg (22.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Vstrom bar email.jpg (21.0 KB, 54 views)
bighammer likes this.
post #35 of 78 Old 04-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deecat View Post
The only thing that I miss at the moment is that the space under the seat is about a quarter of what I used to have.

About a 16th of what I used to have on my SV650. Here's my 14 cans stashed under the seats photo:

gspy4u likes this.

2018 Flee-Strom 1000XT
post #36 of 78 Old 04-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deecat View Post
Enjoying the new Suzuki which I am finding easier to use at lower speeds than my previous Kawasaki Versys 1000.

Just trying out some Fatbars that I had with some 2Ē Rox risers but I am not to sure about them might try some lower risers.
Was there something about the Versys you didn't like that prompted you to switch? Three years ago I was about to get a Versys but then got a fantastic deal on the V2 so I went with that. I've never ridden the Versys so I have wondered if I would have liked it better.

-Gary
2014 V-Strom 1000 - Desert Khaki
2016 GSX-S1000FA
2012 DR650SE
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 V-Strom 650 - sold
post #37 of 78 Old 04-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I think I would have kept the Kawasaki as it was a very comfortable distance bike ,especially after I had fitted a gel seat and Nitron rear shocker.

My problems for me was no matter what I changed I suffered from numb hands cruising at 60-70 mph after about half an hour which only improved if I travel around 90mph which is not to good for my licence.

The other issue was at low to stopping speed ,even though I could get both feet on the floor I always had a anxiousness feel when landing my feet when two up.

If we stopped on well paved roads it was not such a problem but as a lot of the roads that we like to travel on have uneven surfaces and gravel I started to lose confidence and tried not to stop to much.

The wife could tell the difference between me riding the Kawasaki and our Honda NC750x which I can ride all day long with no issues at all and even though she thought that the gel seat on the Kawasaki was the best seat that she has used on a bike she agreed that we should try a different bike as the issues started to put me off riding the Kawasaki and I started using the Honda a lot more which is predominately my commuter bike .

After I have done a few more miles on the Suzuki and go for a long ride out with the wife I will be in a better position to compare it to the Kawasaki.
post #38 of 78 Old 04-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for that info. I know I didn't make a bad decision, and maybe made the best one.
dwayneh likes this.

-Gary
2014 V-Strom 1000 - Desert Khaki
2016 GSX-S1000FA
2012 DR650SE
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 V-Strom 650 - sold
post #39 of 78 Old 04-30-2018, 03:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

a fine pair

Finallt got round to some photos. Here's the new V-banana, next to my beloved SV1KS..

That's 200hp and 150ft/lb right there..

aw man, I'd actually like to ride a bike with these two slammed together....

https://imgur.com/a/EJC7uZl
https://imgur.com/a/r6K0QcD
post #40 of 78 Old 05-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Stromthusiast!

Picked up this guy up yesterday. Brand new 2018 XT. Traded in my pretty darn new 2017 Africa Twin for it. Just wasn't feeling the AT, and decided to come back to a Strom.

Already got a center stand, crash bars, heated grips, seat ordered. One of the windscreen mounting bolts was broken off so I've got to drill that out and replace it.

I did a 260 mile ride home from the dealer, and enjoyed it. Seems more peppy than the AT, has way better instrumentation, brakes are about on par, seating position is a little more cramped. Buffeting and air flow from the windscreen feels about the same. Definitely better on the pavement and especially in the twisties than the AT is.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You canít grasp its vastness from a plane. Itís diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt." - Zach Bowman

My SmugMug galleries (copy & paste)---> https://meefzah.smugmug.com/

Last edited by MeefZah; 05-05-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode