Corbin Canyon Seat - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

5Likes
  • 4 Post By Slow Eddie
  • 1 Post By Big B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-09-2019, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Corbin Canyon Seat

Has anyone upgraded to the Corbin Canyon Seat? Is it worth the money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

I bought my 2014 DL1000 used and it came with the Corbin . I found it to be very heavy , very slippery and hard , and did not fit my butt. I sold it to a man that said it fit him like a glove and he found it very comfortable. Lots of people like them BUT I definitely think you should try before you buy. Go to a spring meet-up event and I'm sure you'll find some Corbin seats there that someone will let you try.

2014 DL1000 - Sold
2010 Triumph Scrambler- Sold
2014 KLR650 - Sold
2017 Honda CRF250L - current
2016 Honda VFR1200X - current
post #3 of 9 Old 11-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Eddie View Post
I bought my 2014 DL1000 used and it came with the Corbin . I found it to be very heavy , very slippery and hard , and did not fit my butt. I sold it to a man that said it fit him like a glove and he found it very comfortable. Lots of people like them BUT I definitely think you should try before you buy. Go to a spring meet-up event and I'm sure you'll find some Corbin seats there that someone will let you try.
Completely agree with this assessment of the Corbin Canyon. I've had them on multiple types of bikes for about 10 years and they happen to be exactly what I want in a seat, but could easily see why others don't like it. For me they allow me to ride easy 3-4hrs or full tank of gas before needing to get off and stretch. Stock seat or gel seat I can do about 1 hour. I also like the Corbin seat being so hard and slippery that when I am cornering it allows me to slide around with ease.

What I don't like about it is that since it is so slippery and the back end of my bike is raised, I find I slip forward a little on straight roads. And with the roughness of my kevlar pants, they seem to abrade the stitching on the front of the seat, so these seats seem to last me around 200k before I have to get them fixed.

Orange Wee Member #420

post #4 of 9 Old 11-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Love mine, second I have owned on 2 different bikes. There is no grey area with love or hate with Corbins, I happen to be in the camp which is fond of them. Give the Sit&Fly seat cover a shot first, not out much money for something which is rabidly popular.
Big Boy likes this.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #5 of 9 Old 11-11-2019, 01:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

Mine came with my 2004 DL1000, and yup its hard, But I can drive forever. Mine seems to be higher than stock too. I love it.

Max in Montreal

2005 DL1000
post #6 of 9 Old 11-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Stromthusiast!

I had a Canyon for 6 years on the second of my BMW K75's. I agree about trying one on for fit. They do take awhile to break-in, mine was fine once I did. Rode it on many long mileage trips. My DL1000 was bought pre-owned with a Sargent WSP seat, so far I gotta admit I like it better then the Canyon. Time will tell.

Mark
'14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure
'12 Aprilia Shiver 750
'92 BMW K75RT

Ride like the wind
Straining the limits
Of machine and man
Laughing out loud with fear and hope
I've got a desperate plan
-Rush
post #7 of 9 Old 11-13-2019, 12:14 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
I bought one and didn't like it. I think it may have to do with my height and the length of my legs. The Corbin Canyon is a little lower which causes more bend at the hips which pokes my bones into the seat more. Riding it for a 30 minute commute caused borderline numbness. Other seats I've tried that were shorter also resulted in some similar pressures on the bones.

When I extended my legs out onto the highway pegs the angles opened up and it felt a little better.

I'm 6'6" and roughly a 35" inseam... I suspect that having shorter legs isn't necessarily a guarantee that the Corbin will fit or be more comfortable for others.

I was going to send it in for the free adjustment... But when I had my passenger sit on it to judge what changes were needed in the back portion, it was a no go. Very little chance that could have been fixed in a single round.

Last edited by Grimmer; 11-13-2019 at 12:19 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Just an FYI - Corbin will custom make any of their seats. Just in case you need additional thickness to accommodate your height.

"There comes a time in the affairs of men, when we must take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
W. C. Fields
post #9 of 9 Old 11-14-2019, 06:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

I went to Corbin in Hollister CA and they built it custom for me while I waited. Love it. I had a custom fit Rick Mayer seat on this same bike, and while better than stock, still gave me a sore arse after a couple hundred miles.

The Corbin has been with my nether regions for many long rides, multi day, and has not let me down. Highly recommended.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

2016 KTM 500EXC
2008 DL-650A
1975 Bultaco Sherpa T 350
1973 Honda CR-250 Elsinore
1953 Vespa 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode