Questions - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By JustAnotherDude

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-16-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Questions

Hi, I have few questions here and hopefully someone can guide me.
I just realized that the distance between my pegs and my seat (shad) is too short and it hurt my knee during long ride. What are my options? Considering that I also need a handlebar raiser, replacing the seat for a higher one isn’t a good idea. What is the most common fix? Lowering the peg and shifter? If it is the case any product suggestion?
As for raising my handle bar, is there any that do not require to get longer cable and all the mod that come with it? It has to go up and toward the back of the back, any suggestions and why.
Now I am looking for pelican case for side luggage with caribou. What do you guys think about them or is there better option? Pros and cons
Thanks a lot
Dl1000 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Yes there are peg lowering kits. Check the on forum vendors. Bar raisers, up and back about 1.5 inch without messing with the cables. The ones I got are for a GS but worked fine. Rox, Touratech, etc.
The google box at the top of the page will lead you to many threads about those subjects.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

I purchased a Peg lowering kit from adventure tech. Also installed gold wing pegs which further lowered the pegs about another 1/4” or thereabouts. This combination works well for me. I didn’t have to do anything special with the shifter other than rotate it a spline or two to get it where it worked best with the new leg location. Don’t have any first hand experience on you other questions. However, if you do a search on this site, you will find several threads that discuss this. Some have had luck running the cables behind the tree, and if I recall up to 2” might be okay anyway. Another option folks have had good results with is ATV bars. There are also a few discussions re: pelican too.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Okay, maybe it was 1.5” on the bars without needing extensions. Was just going from perceived memory. I any event, risers and bars are discussed at length on previous posts with real experiences backing up the discussion. A lot of good reading in those posts
post #5 of 7 Old 06-17-2019, 10:57 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
Go here:

Richlandrick
http://www.adventuretech.biz/
richlandrick likes this.

2014 DL1000
post #6 of 7 Old 06-18-2019, 02:50 AM
Stromthusiast!

Re risers: I've added 2 inch risers to both my 2014 and my 2018 1Ks. No extensions needed although a) you'll have to route brake, clutch lines and cables under the bars and b) the front brake line will have a very tight bend at full lock (to the right of I remember correctly) where it is bolted to the frame down in front. Hasn't affected my brake feel and I haven't worried about it since it's rare for me to be turning the bars that sharply.

Vinnie

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 Old 06-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Wisedom84,

Feel free to give me a call. Knowing your personal measurements helps a lot. I have had this conversation a few hundred times and can point to our solutions and some from some other well respected vendors.

See the contact page on our web site.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode