Rox risers ABS cable too tight - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 05-09-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Rox risers ABS cable too tight

Hi,
I'm attempting to install some rox risers. The Abs line is way too tight. I don't really want to re-route it. Have snipped the zip ties. Was considering moving the ABS master cylinder forward to accommodate. Anyone have experience with this?
Thank you,
MM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

Are you referring to the brake hose? If so others have rerouted and were happy with the lie of the hose. I tried rerouting several different ways and was never satisfied with the results. So for me it was either get a custom length hose made (not expensive) or get rid of the risers. I ended up just going back to stock and selling the risers.
post #3 of 23 Old 05-09-2019, 04:02 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Garage
I was looking into putting 2" bar risers on my L2 Wee Strom. I noticed the manufacturer wrote somewhere that there is not enough play in the cables to install it without new cables.
medbowman likes this.

post #4 of 23 Old 05-09-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks! I decided to go with the stock set up....too much hassle to re-route the ABS Brake line.
post #5 of 23 Old 05-14-2019, 01:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

Having recently played around with risers on my 2016 DL1000, I can confirm that the front brake line is the limiting factor. No re-routing of the line can help as the short distance between the master cylinder and the manifold block on the front frame is the problem. No cutting of cable ties, nor re-routing of the line under the top triple clamp, will help (that actually hurts the situation due to the angled nipple on the manifold block).

I tried a 30 mm straight, non angled riser, and after removing all cable restraints from the triple clamp, both throttle/brake and clutch side, it kind-of worked. Turning the forks full lock on the clutch side was OK, but full lock on the brake side was definitely stressing the front brake line. Too much for me to be ever comfortable leaving it like that, even though the forks are really never turned into the lock towards the brake side.

I read information that 25 mm risers will work on 2014+ without issue other than maybe removing the retainer for the clutch line under the triple clamp. I'm not saying I doubt that, but after the 30 mm experience and knowing what that looked like, I KNEW I would be fine with 20 mm risers.

So, I bought 20mm SW-Motech straight risers. They fit perfectly, although I did still remove the clutch line retaining hardware from under the triple clamp. The brake side was left completely alone. There's no discomforting level of stress on any cable / hose line with the 20 mm's. Would 25 mm be alright? Maybe, but 20 mm, I can speak to with absolute certainty.

For me, the small bump in height really does improve my upright riding posture, but I wasn't needing anything gigantic as far as rise anyway (I'm 6'4" on a stock seat).
post #6 of 23 Old 05-14-2019, 07:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

I installed roxx 2in risers on my 18 1000 XT. I had to drop the forks and route the cables behind the top triple tree and it worked just fine.
post #7 of 23 Old 05-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I put 2 Rox and Adventure high bars on my 2014 650. Got the Galfer 2 longer brake hose. It was a pain to get to the fitting above the rad. All hoses and cables now run behind the fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mulewright likes this.

2014 650 Strom
post #8 of 23 Old 05-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I just installed 2 Rox Risers on my 2018 1000XT and had to route throttle cables behind forks and and cut some zip ties to maximize cable routing, did not lower forks but did slide the front brake lever assembly inward on the handle bar a 1/2 and it all worked out well. This install does take some trial and errror but is worth it to me. Very happy with the risers.
post #9 of 23 Old 05-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have 3.5" Rox on my bars. I replaced the upper part of brake hose with a SS braided line that was about 3 or 4 inches longer. Cost maybe $40 and all stock fittings used, nothing custom. I also replaced my clutch hose with a SS line, that cost another $40.

The electrical I had to route to other side of triple tree as I did not want to lengthen anything there, and it works fine like this.

It is easy enough to do this if you really want it.
NVDucati likes this.
post #10 of 23 Old 07-12-2019, 10:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Hey all.......

I'm attempting to install a 2" ROX anti vibe riser on my 2014 V...I can confirm with a raised blood pressure, that the ABS hard line connections are a complete pain in the ass. I bought a longer stainless braided line with banjo fitting for the top, thinking the 10mm threaded end would marry to the ABS hard line flared fitting. No go... I've ordered more fittings, hoping that Russell part number 641471 or 641411 Adapter Fittings - Brake and Clutch Hose - Russell Performance Products will work... Does anyone know what the thread size or spec is for the ABS hard line fitting? I'm not sure how you guys are making the factory brake line work with a 2" riser. There is absolutely no way that it will work on my 2014, even if I commit to riding only in straight lines for the rest of my life...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode