Vee 2 suspension, Sasquatch & Race Tech - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 Old 04-18-2019, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Location: I'm most alive when I'm in the north woods on my V2. So lets say Mountain Wi.
Weather and freetime havnt cooperated to get a proper ride. Snow is mostly melted this week, but rain has my land all swampy.

I have about 20 miles on the road so far, but I also went (edit) "16"tooth front sprocket over winter and recomend it.

Hoping to get a ride in saturday and maybe head up north for a proper test depending on how wet it is. Supose to be in the mid 60s.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Berksglh; 04-22-2019 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Correction on sprocket size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 04-20-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Location: I'm most alive when I'm in the north woods on my V2. So lets say Mountain Wi.
Dryed up enough to get back at 2 of my small MX jumps. Ones about 2.5 feet high, other about 2. Suspension easilly takes it doin about 20mph. Dust marks on forks show there's just over 1" of travel left. Only issue is my raised front fender hits the enduro guardian skid plate and makes a rattle. Other then that, so far I'd say huge improvement. There is no way I could have done that on the OEM setup without bottoming out.

Gert and IDRIDR like this.
post #13 of 19 Old 04-21-2019, 11:15 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage

Not sure how I feel about getting my strom off the ground! Too hard to get it "off the ground" when it decides to take a nap, especially after I've been foolhardy enough to purposefully get it off the ground. Now THERE'S some circular logic.

post #14 of 19 Old 05-04-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Made it into a smal forest road section Friday and got about 10 offroad miles on the new suspension. Was more potholed gravel and sand roads. The rear felt decent, but the the front forks need some adjustments yet. Didnt have screwdriver to play with the clickers. Weather has been wet and cold so will probabbly be 3 weeks before I get up to where suspension was lacking bad last year to compare. Im guessing the recomended Race Tech valving in the forks will need some changes to get to where I want yet.

post #15 of 19 Old 05-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the ride reports. Question about the combo kit and damper rod tool- Does the combo kit come with a damper rod tool, or do you buy that as an additional item?

18 1000 XT yellow. Bunch of goodies installed.
2015 Yamaha WR250F- Street plated woods bike
Previous rides- about 25 different bikes, mostly dirtbikes.
post #16 of 19 Old 05-13-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Separately, part #TFCH 01

Unfortunately, any further testing just got put on hold for several months. MRI today revealed I blew my left ACL.

post #17 of 19 Old 05-14-2019, 09:36 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
Man, sorry to hear that. They going to repair or reconstruct? Not a fun injury to rehab from so take your time and do it right. Good luck.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the info. Best wishes on the surgery and rehab. Was this a recent or an old injury?

18 1000 XT yellow. Bunch of goodies installed.
2015 Yamaha WR250F- Street plated woods bike
Previous rides- about 25 different bikes, mostly dirtbikes.
post #19 of 19 Old 05-14-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
Thanks for the info. Best wishes on the surgery and rehab. Was this a recent or an old injury?
Was a week ago while tuning carb on my sherco 300 trials bike. Top end is great, 1/8th throttle is fat and sputtery. Needed a leaner slide or larger strait section on the needle, but was trying different pilot jets.

I tried double blipping over an obstacle and it hesitated then cleared and launched. Dangerous and should have never hit the obstacle like that. Threw my ballance and hit ground leaning left, put leg down and twisted knee.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode