Fogging helmet - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Fogging helmet

What do you guys do to stop visors from fogging up? Went on a ride today and had to crack my bisor.at highway speeds...to stop it from getting cloudy... Not a cheap helmet, but chin vent gets almost no air flow because of windscreen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 04:09 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I had a helmet that I loved, even though it fogged badly. I was recommended to increase ventilation, yet in that helmet construction it was not possible. So I just removed the lower chin skirt piece so that the exhaled air was pushed down. I also tried several liquids that claimed to fix fogging, yet everything I tried was crap. I cannot say, that all anti-fogging liquids suck, as I gave up on my 3rd bottle....
post #3 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 05:13 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
Change the visor to a Pin Lock, we have them on our helmets & ridden thru some heavy rain day after day and never had an issue with fogging up
Babbitt, 2thDr, Macdoc and 6 others like this.

2014 DL1000A 2014 -
2012 DL650L2 2013 - 2014
2007 DL1000 "Bowser" 2009 - 2013

post #4 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 07:34 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2man View Post
Change the visor to a Pin Lock
This. I have a HJC IS17 that I dislike for so many things. But I finally shelled out for a pinlock insert and I wish I'd done it years ago. I do see some people say they don't work for them (bad installation??) but for me it was night and day difference. Aside from the convenience, the safety aspect alone makes them worth the purchase IMHO.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.
post #5 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
+1 on Pinlock. They do seem to wear out and need to be replaced after a few years in my experience. I understand they absorb water which is why they do not fog. Maybe they get saturated or something after a while. kfh000
post #6 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Clarity Defog it works. It is the only thing I have ever bought that fixes fogging on visors and glasses. Get some. Some brands of visors are coated to help, but this stuff works better than that ( they seem to wear down over time ). Pin locks I have. Pin locks decrease visibility and are a pain to fool with. They work, but still can get fogging under the right conditions.
Big B and Lrobby99 like this.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #7 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
Clarity Defog it works. It is the only thing I have ever bought that fixes fogging on visors and glasses. Get some. Some brands of visors are coated to help, but this stuff works better than that ( they seem to wear down over time ). Pin locks I have. Pin locks decrease visibility and are a pain to fool with. They work, but still can get fogging under the right conditions.
Have Pinlock, but eyeglasses constant fogging irritant. Read around here of others using various home remedies, like furniture polish? Didn't jump on that, but did just jump on the Clarity advice. Look forward to it. Thanks.

2018 1000XT, black. The Night's Watch. Givi engine bars, rear wheel mud guard, radiator screen. Givi V56 Litre Monokey topcase. Puig screen. Freeway Blaster horn. Speedohealer. SW Motech guards for R. brake reservoir, R. brake cylinder, exhaust pipe valve. Aprilia Tuono mirrors. GPR exhaust slip-on.
2006 DL1000, The Red Rhino. Gone for good.
post #8 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

^^^

I wear glasses at all times even though I don't need them ( except for reading...) and they are hard to deal with in rain! This stuff helps that a lot. I don't know how long it actually works before degrading. I put it on fresh before I start a trip. For instance I was at the V Strom rally this spring. Worked well all the way up. Then I put some fresh on before starting back. Not sure if required, but it is insurance. The small bottle goes a long way, I have had this first bottle for over two years.......

Yes, I have tried all the remedies too. Rubbing a fresh cut potato, spit, car wax, pledge, and on and on....
Lrobby99 and Rick505 like this.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #9 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yeah not a fan of Pin-lock, their optical clarity isn't so good IMHO. Best for me so far has been Scorpion helmets, whatever they coat inside of visor with works amazingly well.
Bazooka Joe likes this.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #10 of 34 Old 10-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
^^^

I wear glasses at all times even though I don't need them ( except for reading...) and they are hard to deal with in rain! This stuff helps that a lot. I don't know how long it actually works before degrading. I put it on fresh before I start a trip. For instance I was at the V Strom rally this spring. Worked well all the way up. Then I put some fresh on before starting back. Not sure if required, but it is insurance. The small bottle goes a long way, I have had this first bottle for over two years.......

Yes, I have tried all the remedies too. Rubbing a fresh cut potato, spit, car wax, pledge, and on and on....
Have you tried their Anti-Fog cloths at all or only the liquid?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode