HOW TO Lower with lower linkage plates - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By dwayneh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-22-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
HOW TO Lower with lower linkage plates

I purchased the lowering links (1") from AdventureTech. Question: How do you gain access to the bolts to remove? Looks to me, I am probably wrong, that the exhaust would need to be removed to gain access. I have an '18, but I imagine it is identical between the 16' and 18 1000.

I do not see how I can get a wrench long enough to get the leverage needed to loosen two of the bolts.

UPDATE:

Went through the instructions again on the AdventureTech site. You will find it necessary to remove the bolts from the Left side of the bike. It took me about 45 minutes to install the new plates. Easy install, just make sure you follow the instructions on the AdventureTech site. In order to remove and reinstall the bolts, just use a jack on the rear bobbins, or bobbin holder and you only need a little bit of pressure on the jack for the bolts to move freely out of the OEM plates. When it is time to install, again, it will only take slight pressure on a jack.

UPDATE 2:

So after going through all that, I decided I did not like being THAT low. With the low seat installed, there was really no point in the lowering plates. Nothing wrong with the lowering kit from AdventureTech, I just thought it wasn’t for me. Also, having the dilemma that the side and center stands would need to be modified did not impress me to keep the lowering plates on. So put the stock plates back in, albeit with a good cleaning first, and decided that the extra 15mm I need to feel comfy will be done with boots instead. Ordered a pair of Milwaukee Trooper Boots. That will do the job I believe.
NVDucati likes this.

Current ride:
2018 V Strom 1000 XT

Past rides:
Honda NX 125 enduro, Yamaha V-Star 650, Suzuki 1500 Intruder,
BMW R1150R, BMW K1200S,
Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (Caspian Blue), Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (Silver)

Last edited by dwayneh; 09-24-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode