Givi SRA 3105 (top) with Shad S0VS14IF (sides) ?? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-14-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Givi SRA 3105 (top) with Shad S0VS14IF (sides) ??

Will these play together well or will they contend for the same space? Already have SRA top, but want to add Shad SH36 sides. Anyone run this setup? It is possible? I know on some bikes, racks from different manufacturers use same mounting points and make it just about impossible to make them work.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-20-2019, 06:33 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Any follow-up?

Considering doing the same with the Shad 3P mount system. Any follow-up?
post #3 of 6 Old 04-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Hmm
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I just installed the Shad 3P mounting system on my bike to accommodate the SH36s. My top case is an older 45L Givi Monokey that came with the bike. I had to remove the top case mount to install the side case mount but the Shad mount is easy to install with only 4 mount points and no controversy between the 2 mounts.

Go to page 3 of my post "Considering a pair of Givi V35" for pics.

Bill
I been down around Houston Texas where the sun shines most of the time.

2008 Wee current
2014 Spyder RT LTD current

Past - Yamaha 850, Honda Nighthawk 700, Honda GL1200, Yamaha FJ1200, Suzuki Bandit 1200, Honda GL1800

Last edited by Hmm; 04-20-2019 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Added 1 more line

post #4 of 6 Old 05-10-2019, 08:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunts4beer View Post
Considering doing the same with the Shad 3P mount system. Any follow-up?
I'm about to find out; I have the S0VS14IF on the way. I currently have the SRA 3105 rack, with the V47 top box, and it's sturdy for sure. If they don't play nice together then It'll give me an excuse to try another top box solution. I'll post the results when I get the racks mounted.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstrom46* View Post
I'm about to find out; I have the S0VS14IF on the way. I currently have the SRA 3105 rack, with the V47 top box, and it's sturdy for sure. If they don't play nice together then It'll give me an excuse to try another top box solution. I'll post the results when I get the racks mounted.
I can verify that the Shad S0VS14IF rack will work with the Givi SRA 3105 rack. The instructions are fairly lacking, but what I see is two different ways to mount, depending on what bags you have (SH23 or other). The only difference between the different mounting is the length of spacers and associated fasteners. I ran the shortest spacers to keep the racks close to the bike, and I'll probably play around with the spacers again and do a refit again once I settle on the cases I want. I already have a decent sized top case, and really only want low profile side cases for the few times the top box isn't quite enough. I initially wanted the SH23, but now I'm considering the HF Apache 3800 as a budget alternative. I'd prefer the SH23 because they are really slick and compliment the bike well, but they are almost 3x the cost of the Apache 3800. The Apache is all I really need, and they look pretty good as luggage on the V2 pics I've seen. Not in a rush, so I've got some time to ponder it for a while..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2311.JPG (119.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2312.JPG (129.9 KB, 4 views)
post #6 of 6 Old 05-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Should not be a problem at all. We sell both and I have Shad on my 2014 DL1000. The 3P mount points and the top case mount points (Shad and Givi) are different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode