2014 Vee2 DL1000 Throttle Body Sync
After a bunch of looking for a tutorial about how to sync the carbs on a new model DL1000, and not finding anything useful, I decided to just pull mine apart and do it myself.
I have about 4500 miles on my 2014 and have been having issues with hand numbing vibration (new set of aluminum motocross bars transmit more vibes than the cheezy junk stock bars that I bent from a gentile drop).
Anyway, I noted that on the side of the airbox on the new Dl1000, there are a set of rubber mounted vacuum sensors that are attached to the left side of the airbox. One with a blue wire bundle attached and one with a black wire uncle attached. I put a 1/8" Y in the vacuum line about 3 inches down from the sensor, and put a 6-8 inch line from each Y down the frame rail and put a male-male end and a rubber vacuum plug on each. These allow you to sync in the future without removing the tank or airbox. I put everything back together, and propped the tank up about 4 inches in the rear. Once I started the bike and warmed it up, I attached my Morgan Carbtune (best manometer available BTW), and after setting the idle at 1500, I noted that I had nearly 1/4 inch difference in the reading between the cylinders on a basically new bike. I used the adjustment screw on the rear throttle body. (right side closest to the cylinder head, the other one is the intake butterfly). It took about a full 1/2 turn or more to get the manometer to show a perfect sync.
This did not solve my vibration problem, but I did note that on a gentile drive back from the gas station today over a 20 mile stretch my readout registered 64 mpg vs the 60 I have previously seen (60mph the whole way gps indicated Stock speedo is 4mph fast)
The bike seems to run just slightly better than before, not super noticeable, but you can tell.
Sorry I didnt take any photos, but once you get past the terrible tank removal process and getting the front air horn off the throttle body it is pretty easy from then on.