StromTrooper banner

Gel Gloves

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  JackinCT 
#1 ·
Anyone in the forum using gel gloves to eliminate the hand vibration?

#4 ·
Yes, I do.

IMO all bikes vibrate, at different 'wavelengths', some worse than others but they all pass some vibration to the rider.

I've worn Olympia gel palm gloves for 15 years now, on many different bikes. They are fairly lightweight leather, but well made and I've crash tested them a few times successfully.

I like these: Olympia 400

and these: Olympia 452

They make a difference for me.

...........shu

#6 ·
I have the Oxford heated grips and thought of gloves instead of the grip puppies so I could take advantage of the heat when needed. Can I find the grip puppies at a bike shop or better off online? I just did 1,800 mi. in 6 days and in the mornings I always used the heat for awhile.

#9 · (Edited)
Just be aware that Grip Puppies will make the grip feel quite a bit larger. I ultimately took mine off because I didn't care for that. There are also replacement grips that get good reviews for vibe reduction and are more nearly stock size.

D'oh! ...forgot you had Oxfords, so replacing grip not an option for you.

#10 ·
The grip puppies are good but as said make the grip larger may take a bit of getting used to.
You can also get grip pussies they are not as thick as the puppies.

We have tried both and prefer the puppies for both the strom's and Dr's so maybe try both and see how you feel about them as they are not to expensive.

Cheers GotaV2

#12 ·
The grip puppies are good but as said make the grip larger may take a bit of getting used to.
You can also get grip pussies they are not as thick as the puppies.

We have tried both and prefer the puppies for both the strom's and Dr's so maybe try both and see how you feel about them as they are not to expensive.

Cheers GotaV2
I thought this might be a joke; a Google search didn't return anything related to motorcyles! :surprise:

Reactions: jrdunn96 and V2man
#13 ·
Not so much vibration for me, as long distance riding would make my hands numb from maintaining a single position, after years of working with my hands, vibrating power tools, constant pincer grip and pinning various things together while they were fixed it seems I am on the edge of carpal tunnel.
These seem to help, took a little getting used to, feel wise but I've been wearing them regularly for 5 or 6 years now and I will happily buy another pair.
Depending on whether it's the vibration that is the problem or the symptoms you think may be caused by the vibration these may help.
Qwi Gloves For Hand Pain & Numbness: Home

#15 · (Edited)
I replaced my grips with Spidergrips. Had tried grip puppies and the were just too ambiguous feeling. The spidergrips do good job at reducing vibs and still giving feedback.

Long story short they are comprised of two layers of rubber. Best grips I have ever owned!

· Vibration Damping Core – This inner layer of material is firmer and has increased durability to reduce the problem of grip twist. Spider engineers have shaped this compound at the boundary layer to reflect and dampen the first waves of vibration.

· Traction Gel – This second layer of material adds tackiness for better holding power, in a special formula which also sheds mud and water. It works to reflect and dampen secondary vibration that may pass through the first layer.

Spider Grips ? Motorcycle Grips | ATV Grips | Snowmobile Grips | Dual Sport | SuperMoto | Sport Bike | Performance | Spider Grips

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.