G2 Throttle tamer # - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

3Likes
  • 1 Post By RichWee
  • 2 Post By Brojon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-09-2017, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

G2 Throttle tamer #

Anyone happen to know the current stock # for the G2 Throttle tamer for 2015 dl1000?

Googled it at G2 and the part number seems to end with DL1000 but Revzilla shows same part number 40-4F-136-S (but with S at end).

Then does not list this part as fitting the DL1000 but rather just the 650.

Any info/ assurance that this is indeed the part I need would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-09-2017, 08:57 PM
$tromtrooper

Garage
We purchased ours from G2 Ergonomics, listed as fitting DL1000 '14 - '16 , all good.

G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube - G2 Ergonomics

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

2014 DL1000A 2014 -
2012 DL650L2 2013 - 2014
2007 DL1000 "Bowser" 2009 - 2013

post #3 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Stromthusiast!

I found it so hard removing the grip from the stock tube that I wished I had ordered a new grip to just put on the tamer.
Brojon likes this.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Stromthusiast!

Then there's the Nyogel 774VH solution.
This stuff is a viscous grease that has a constant viscosity over a huge temperature range.
Same stuff they use on stereo knobs and such to give them that silky smooth feel.
I think it was the Triumph folks that "discovered" this stuff but it's recommended for fly-by-wire bikes which are also notorious for snatchy throttles.
I finally broke down and got a tube and I love it. Butter smooth shifting and *much* better low speed control without riding hell on the clutch constantly.
I hope the fanboys don't start spamming this thread with their litany of:
1 - The Stroms don't have a snatchy throttle
2 - Your technique sucks.
billteugene and EddieFL like this.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

2015 DL650
post #5 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojon View Post
I hope the fanboys don't start spamming this thread with their litany of:

1 - The Stroms don't have a snatchy throttle

2 - Your technique sucks.

My 2015 Wee (Glee?) DOES have a snatchy throttle. This is my second FI bike and is worse. Not crazy about spending $80 to fix the issue, though. Someone used to make a plastic version of the Throttle Tamer but I can't find them anywhere.
(Slightly off topic!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 V-Strom 650XT ABS
1969 Triumph Bonneville
post #6 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

A friend who has a '12 glee with 32K miles rode mine a few weeks ago, to check out the Madstad screen, but when he got back from a ride, his biggest remarks were how smooth the throttle was. We started comparing, and his was real sticky right at the beginning, which is where the snatchy is, but it felt like it could have been wear on the stock plastic tube, felt like it had worn a spot on it from when it first pulls against the bar. The tamer is a quality piece, with a teflon liner making it smooth as silk.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWee View Post
A friend who has a '12 glee with 32K miles rode mine a few weeks ago, to check out the Madstad screen, but when he got back from a ride, his biggest remarks were how smooth the throttle was. We started comparing, and his was real sticky right at the beginning, which is where the snatchy is, but it felt like it could have been wear on the stock plastic tube, felt like it had worn a spot on it from when it first pulls against the bar. The tamer is a quality piece, with a teflon liner making it smooth as silk.
Mines been twitchy from the get-go new. That first little bit it just jumps on - that I can live with, but the lurch when you go to let off the throttle in a slow speed situation was more than I could tolerate - it mandated use of the clutch to moderate when every other bike I've owned was far more tractable at these speeds.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

2015 DL650
post #8 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
My Vee2 had a twitchy throttle too. I adjusted the throttle cables to take slack out. And that helped. I then installed the oem heated grips and they came with a steel throttle tube and I also lubricated the tube with permatex di-electric grease and that seemed to have totally gotten rid of the twitchy throttle. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks guys - even though I don't really want to spend the extra money - I'm definitely going with a Throttle tamer and probably another set of grips.

Don't think it reflects anyone's fault (riding style) just a personal preference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode