StromTrooper banner

Anyone replace their battery yet?

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  2stroke 
#1 ·
Just went to start bike and battery was dead after a week of not riding it. I'm charging it. Almost 2 years old. Think it's time for a new one. Anyone have any suggestions where to buy one at a good price, and which one? I've had good luck with Shorai lithium Iron batteries in the past, but it's like 200 bucks for the Strom. I only paid 160 for my Shorai for the ducati.

#8 ·
It's zoomed in so close so I can't be sure if it's the factory power outlet (and otherwise stock) but if so it is switched so no power drain when the bike is off.

..Tom

#15 ·
I used to have a BMW, and when the stock battery died-- 2years old, on tender thru the winter-- like a moron, I ponied up for a genuine BMW replacement. Lasted a year, also maintained through the cold months. GRRRR... I measured the stocker's dimensions, went to the farm store and bought a replacement (lawn tractor battery) for $19.99. Since it was cheap, I figured I'd replace it the following spring, and didn't fool with a tender, never topped off the water, just rode it. Lasted 5 years... next one was still working when I gifted the bike away, at least another 5 years... Anyone know a compatible Tractor Supply lawn tractor battery for the Strom?!

On a related note, how hard is it to rig up a 2012+ wee strom to push start it? My old R80 was a piece of cake.

Cheers
Jim B.
Grove City, OH!

#16 ·
Down here in OZ we ride all year round, my 14 V2 and my 09 Wee are both on their original batteries with no tender required.

Reactions: Bugzy
#20 ·
It sounds similar to mine although the 13.4v would appear to be the case when there is no real load on it and it is running with a bit of rpm. High beams and/or heated gear cause a noticeable drop.

..Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.