StromTrooper banner

AirHawk AH2 Cushion

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  DLC 
#1 ·
Anyone have one? If so what size fits the DL100A?
I have degenerative disc disorder and had a micro discectomy 13 months ago. About 2hrs of riding will cause my sciatic to act up and I end up with 2days of pain. I love to ride and don't want my back to force me to 4 wheels! Any help? How about a backrest?

I'm going to buy the Airhawk and try that first. Just don't know which one fits best.
AirHawk AH2 Medium Cruiser Cushion | 801-776 | J&P Cycles

#10 ·
Yep - just enough so your pelvic bone should just touch the seat. You just want the airhawk filling in the gaps. I have the Airhawk R (not sure what the equivalent is now), and I actually have it forward on the seat so the back of my tush is actually touching the seat. It acts as a sort of wedge to keep me from feeling like I am constantly being pushed into the tank.

#8 ·
When you may stand on the pegs to stretch your legs, don't sit back down too hard and quickly. I blew out a seam on my original air hawk.
Just a little bit of air in the bladder is all it takes to improve the comfort factor.
#2 needs a new cover, I worn the top fabric to death.
I just got one from another forum used like new. Score!:laugh2:

#12 ·
Our AirHawks are sitting the garage in a storage bin. :yesnod:

We changed to these (Sit&Fly seat cover) to see how they were and haven't gone back, hell of a lot cheaper and offer full seat protection, don't soak up water and so far have worn well, we have them on our DR's as well.

(not our bike, borrowed photo, Thanks Mustang)

They protect the seat from the sun, from scuff marks from your boot as you leg over when mounting(if you drag your leg across the seat) and give 8mm of compression.

Like everything not everyone likes them but the price is low enough to try before you shell out more.

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

#17 ·
They give about 8mm compression, probably as much as an air hawk
Some people don't like the mesh and find them slippery so yes not for everyone.
Others have reported that they feel the air flowing under the bum & nether regions but my bum mustn't be as sensitive [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
The Airhawk has adjustable bladders and the air shifts when you sit on it so the air moves around and it contours to your shape. Some bladders may be 1-2" (25-50mm) high depending on how it is inflated. It relieves pressure points. There is not really a comparison to 8m of mesh. Yes on the R model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.