StromTrooper banner

aftermarket Shock for smoother ride

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  greywolf 
#1 ·
Who has added a Werks or similiar shock with success for a better ride? Riding a 2014 V

#4 ·
OydnaR is that a Werks? Have you instaled it ? Is the ride better? Do you tour with heavy weight in your luggage? what is the changeout like? Please give us some feedback . I did that on my GS, and wondering if its going to help on the V for long trip touring .

#12 ·
no, not Werks (I have heard they are garbage) WP suspension WP Germany GmbH - Products

I got it thru Factory Connection ? The Best Suspension Period. they are local to me, the owner lives less than 3 miles from me

I had my dealer install it, they ran into some kind of issue, the shock came setup for the preload adjuster to be on the wrong side of the bike, but someone from Factory Connections made a house call to my local dealer (3 miles) and repositioned the preload adjuster. It rides kinda stiff solo, cause I had it sprung for 2up+ touring cargo, It wasn't cheap.

#6 ·
:) Click on the link below to view one of our Awesome StromTroopers report on his Install and Ride on our new 2014 Up DL1000 Elka Shock. It comes compete with absolutely everything you could want on and in a World Class Vstrom Shock,

http://www.stromtrooper.com/sv-raci...up-dl1000-elka-rear-shock-ready-ship-now.html

Here is an excerpt of the comments.
I received one the first Elka shocks about 2k miles ago. WOW! Now my bike handles! Most of my riding is in the twisties, with some fire roads. Have you ever have ridden hwy33 out of Ojai?
There was a little learning curve with the Stage 4 shock for me as there was nothing to adjust on the stock one. Now that I have got it dialed in I feel like the 2014 V suspension is on par with any duelly costing $$ more.
With the preload and the high and low speed adjuster on the left side it is easy to adjust on the fly.
I have spent a lot of money to improve performance and comfort and by far this has been the best upgrades!:grin2:
Email me Directly at b.layton@svracingparts.com No PM Please, and I can help you get in touch with Don, the owner in the above quote and he will be happy to discuss this awesome suspension upgrade for your bike,

These are excellent parts that will serve you well.

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

#7 ·
Got a Wilbers coming (pick it up tomorrow actually :grin2:)

I don't think you can go wrong with the Wilbers/Elka path. Both are built at the factory with your specifications, weight, riding style etc. Unlike an Ohlins for example, that comes in a one size that fits all (good gear though!)

Just a word of advice though, if you are putting one of these excellent bits of kit on the back of your bike, it WILL show up the limitations of the front end, so plan to do that as well.

I had my forks re sprung & re valved for my fat arse, I mean generous proportions.... refitted them & took the bike for my normal sporty ride down the Great Ocean Road here in sunny Aus, & it just showed how much the back end wallows about!

Can't wait to fit up the rear for this weekend. Always takes a bit of running in till every thing settles in & you get used to the changes, but I can't remember the last bike I had that I didn't make these changes to & it not making a significant difference.

#15 ·
I don't think so. He served his time. Call and check. Adventure Power Sports, LLC

Anybody who wants more information can get it from him. Let's not gossip here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.