thinking of selling my 1k - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2stroke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-24-2016, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

thinking of selling my 1k

Okay guys I need a little input I am considering selling my 2014 V-Strom 1000 it has less than 100 miles and is in showroom condition and 100% Factory original I was wondering what to price it at if I decided to sell it I have some personal family issues going on that are forcing my hand I still have my 2012 650 so I won't be strom less my 1k is the desert sand tan color as well any input is greatly appreciated

Bikes:
2012 Suzuki Vstrom 650 (Glee) Orange (current)
2005 Yamaha FJR1300 blue (sold for the Glee)
1980 Suzuki GS450L Red (dad bought new, unrestored showroom condtion, 8k original miles, spare time project, used 2 years from new sat for 23 years untouched got going used for 2-3 months now sitting since 05. currently ripped apart to get it going again

Quadsall gone but not forgotten in order of ownership)
2004 Yamaha kodiak 450
2004 Honda Rubicon 500
2002 Yamaha Raptor 660
2004 Honda Rubicon 500
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 / 2003 Suzuki Eiger 400 (same time)

BROKE (n): Having too much month at the end of your money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-24-2016, 11:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

If it was me, I would look at blue book value in my area, then add up all my extras and add 50% of their value to the price, that arrives at a number.

Then you can look through local sale sites in your area to see if the prices are high or low and adjust accordingly.

Also check the NEW bike prices for this model, if you are too close, with zero Warranty left, people will pay the extra to get a new bike, I know I would.

That is just a start of course, you may get zero hits at that number and need to lower it each week to get a few bites.

If you are in a hurry to sell, you will need to drop the price a lot. This is not a good time to sell, people are saving for XMas now, best to hang on to it until March if you can.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Stromthusiast!

Seeing how new ones were selling for 8k out the door, I would say about 7k-7500.
richlandrick and SECoda like this.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Unfortunately, there are STILL new 2014 DL1000s available in some areas cheap. Check Craig's list in your area to see what the new competition looks like.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Bikeless 4 now

Garage
I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances. As others have said, look at Craig's List and other publications to find out what similar bikes are selling for and go from there. I agree to hold off until spring if you can to get more money. Good luck with everything. Hope it all works out.

Get busy living, or get busy dying...

http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCOCTILINIAKSKYMEMAMOMTNVNHNJNMNYOHPASDTXVTVAWVWY  sm.jpg
post #6 of 8 Old 10-30-2016, 04:34 AM
Stromthusiast!

Unfortunately they were the hardest ones to sell here in aus too & as such have the worst resale.
Good luck mate!
post #7 of 8 Old 11-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
here in NYC there are many either..my dealership which is (i think is the largest in the NE ) motorcycle mall sold 3 or 4 total.
so i know i'll get screwed when i sell it ,specially with all of the extras on it

2014 vee2- OEM:skid plate,heated grips,mirror extenders,centerstand. aftermarket:sw-motech: risers,trax 45L side cases 38L top case,pipe valve guard, kickstand foot enlarger. corbin/holshot heated seat ,MRA VarioTouringScreen,burkbusters storm,PC8, kaoko throttle lock, scorpion titanium slip-on, denali airbomb,scottoiler,denalli dx.pc5+autotune R&G:radiator guard, pipe slider K&N:air filter touratech:crashbars, ABS kill switch,dryspec tool tube,cyclops LED headlights,doubleback mirrors,helmet guardian,twowheels shorty levers,aftermarket off road rear brake lever,shorai lithium battery.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Stromthusiast!

We have two dealerships that cannot sell the leftover 2014s in that tan color. I picked up the last red leftover for $7450 and 0 fees a few weeks ago. I paid cash but a quick flip can be especially painful on a loan. My best luck has been selling on consignment where I gave the dealer 15% after I failed to sell one for less on Craigslist and got more than I had listed it for on CL. Some won't do it.

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS (Candy Daring Red)
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS (Graphite Grey)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (sold)

Last edited by SECoda; 11-05-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode