Sleepytime Time and the Winter Projects.
Looks like El Nino is doing it for our region. I have both my bikes insured till the end of the month and the last couple of days riding has been at the freezing marks in beautiful fall weather with all the glorious colours. But this morning the Wrath of El has approached. miserable rain and wind. And lots more to come.
So the young filly is going down for the long sleep.
So, altho the V2 is the kind of bike that lacks the need of winter projects, I will give her the once over anyways. My plans are;
1. Complete teardown, less engine. All body parts and protection removed and cleaned.
2. Front and rear wheels removed cleaned, inspected with bearings removed cleaned inspected, repacked. Rear Karoo retired and partially used Mitas 07 replaced. Front Mitas at about 14000kms and doesn't look half worn! Rear 'rebalanced with Dynabeads. (those things work great!)
3. Front headlight, gauges, forks removed. Brake pads inspected, calipers get the toothbrush treatment.
4. Closer inspection of that one break line that altho freed up still gets a kink when handlebar fully extended. May replace the hard line and move the square box connector to alleviate that pinch.
5. Rear shock and swingarm removal. Swingarm bush and bearing clean and repack. Toothbrush treatment.
6. Sidecover, clutch piston, removal, toothbrush treatment.
7. Rad drain and removal. Bug cleanup in all that area.
8. Valve cover removal and clearance check. If anything is getting near end of tolerance I will replace.
9. Complete re and re of all fluids.
10. Every nut and bolt torque inspected.
11. TB sinc and the rest.
12. Consider going Desert Camo. I have the tan, might add some stuff to the black parts.
That's all I can think of for now.
Last edited by ToadRide; 10-13-2016 at 12:08 PM.