GIVI SRA3105 (aluminum) mount with Suzuki side bags - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

2Likes
  • 1 Post By branthopolis
  • 1 Post By Aramis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-16-2016, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
GIVI SRA3105 (aluminum) mount with Suzuki side bags

Will the Givi SRA3105 trunk mount (the aluminum one) work with the OEM Suzuki side bags?

I've looked at several pictures and it looks like the little reinforcement arms that wrap around the side may interfere with the factory side bag mounting locations.

Can anyone confirm or deny for sure. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
In a leap of faith in GIVI's engineering prowess, I went ahead and ordered the mount.. Long story short, it worked fine and has "just enough" clearance. In one location you have to use the original spacer instead of the GIVI provided one due to a difference in thickness of the factory bag mount. Otherwise, installation was fairly straightforward...

post #3 of 7 Old 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Hello! (I tried sending you a private message, but I guess my account is too new, didnt seem to work!)

New owner here!

I'm looking to go about the same way you went but with the black top case mount (the non-alum).

What i was worried with is that the mounting hole that the instructions seem to indicate we go through, they indicate we'll use a nut on the inside but from looking at my bike, it has a welded nut there... I didnt purchase the givi bracket yet, but i'm worried that won't work.

Obviously yours did, so I assume this is not a problem. Does the provided bracket slip in between the oem baggage carrier and the frame part?

It's not very easy to explain, but since you've just installed yours, you may know what i'm talking about!

Hopefully you do! I look forward to ordering this part!

Thanks!

Marc from Canada

post #4 of 7 Old 08-19-2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Hello! (I tried sending you a private message, but I guess my account is too new, didnt seem to work!)

New owner here!

I'm looking to go about the same way you went but with the black top case mount (the non-alum).

What i was worried with is that the mounting hole that the instructions seem to indicate we go through, they indicate we'll use a nut on the inside but from looking at my bike, it has a welded nut there... I didnt purchase the givi bracket yet, but i'm worried that won't work.

Obviously yours did, so I assume this is not a problem. Does the provided bracket slip in between the oem baggage carrier and the frame part?

It's not very easy to explain, but since you've just installed yours, you may know what i'm talking about!

Hopefully you do! I look forward to ordering this part!

Thanks!

Marc from Canada
I got 2 PM's from ya.. Responded in PM..
post #5 of 7 Old 08-19-2016, 11:51 PM
fig
Stromthusiast!

I used a cheap aftermarket mount and it wouldn't clear the seat. I had to make some spacers out of some UHMV. Turned out pretty good in the end. They are white though. Trying to find something to dye them with. Hopefully a black sharpy will do the trick. Yours looks great. I'm just a cheap bastard...lol. Gotta use my money on fuel..ha!
post #6 of 7 Old 08-20-2016, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Aramis.. This pic may clear up some of your questions...

A couple others..

The case looks almost comically large in this pic... Its an E460 case and in person it doesn't appear so large..
andrep likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks! That is exactly what i needed!
branthopolis likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode