2014+ DL1000A Speedometer Correction Success! - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

 23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 91 Old 04-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Bugzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Strommer View Post
Great news! 12-O'Clock labs now makes a $23 adapter for their S1 model which fits most Suzuki's prior to traction control. It plugs into the back of the speedo gauge itself. There's only one plug back there so you can't miss it. So you buy the S1 model and the adapter and that's it! Fortunately for me I removed my S1 from my 650 that I just traded.

Here's the link:

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.p...product_id=164


I am posting this on two threads on the subject that I have been following. Hope that's ok.
Seems a little confusing, but they do list the 2014-2018 V2

2017-2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 (SDRD-G-ADP-VERSYS650) - Require SpeedoDRD model K1 (SDRD-K1)
2014-2018 VStrom DL1000 (SDRD-G-ADP-DL1000) - Requires SpeedoDRD model S1 (SDRD-S1)

I ordered one to see if it works. I always said if someone came out with a plug n play one I would buy it, not wanting to cut into wires if I can avoid it.

Nice catch Ron, thanks.

Last edited by Bugzy; 04-13-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Bugzy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 91 Old 04-13-2018, 10:34 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Ron Strommer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZ4ME View Post
"Great news! 12-O'Clock labs now makes a $23 adapter for their S1 model which fits most Suzuki's prior to traction control"

Well...the '14+ Vstrom1000 does have traction control. So you're saying this 12-O'Clock Labs adapter works on the '14?
Sounds like a slight conflict here...
Yes, it does. Maybe I worded it badly. I meant that they had a model, the S1, that was plug and play BEFORE traction control was put on the bikes. After TC was added, our only option was the U1 universals model and doing all the wiring. Now there is an adapter that for the S1 model that is plug an play on the 2014+ bikes.

I hope that came through, lol!

Ron
Ron Strommer is offline  
post #23 of 91 Old 04-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Ron Strommer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugzy View Post
Seems a little confusing, but they do list the 2014-2018 V2

2017-2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 (SDRD-G-ADP-VERSYS650) - Require SpeedoDRD model K1 (SDRD-K1)
2014-2018 VStrom DL1000 (SDRD-G-ADP-DL1000) - Requires SpeedoDRD model S1 (SDRD-S1)

I ordered one to see if it works. I always said if someone came out with a plug n play one I would buy it, not wanting to cut into wires if I can avoid it.

Nice catch Ron, thanks.
Sure thing, Sorry if I worded it badly though. But you need the S1 SpeedoDRD *AND* the adapter. Fortunately I had the S1 I took off my 650.
Bugzy likes this.
Ron Strommer is offline  
 
post #24 of 91 Old 04-21-2018, 03:11 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Ron Strommer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 194
Hey guys, here's a picture of the Adapter I got from 12oclock Labs with my S1 Speedo DRD plugged into it. The adapter plugs into the back of your instrument cluster.

I'm posting a link because for some reason I can't figure out how to add a normal size picture to a message here. It says it has to be no bigger than 620x280 which is really tiny.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt3ci4nrqh..._7d90.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by Ron Strommer; 04-21-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Ron Strommer is offline  
post #25 of 91 Old 04-21-2018, 04:02 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Macdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ontario Canada/Cairns Aus
Posts: 4,223


Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian Feb to May & Aug-Oct each year
Canada 2018 CB500x >2009 CBF1000 sold 10 Wee ABS sold 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold
Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold
Travel photos> https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/y4c7lm87
Macdoc is offline  
post #26 of 91 Old 04-22-2018, 10:12 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Ron Strommer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 194
Ok, I think I got the picture thing figured out. Here's the adapter.

I had it plugged into the back of the speedo in ten minutes. Works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5940.jpg (10.4 KB, 39 views)
Scorch and Toshbar like this.
Ron Strommer is offline  
post #27 of 91 Old 04-22-2018, 10:44 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Bugzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Strommer View Post
Ok, I think I got the picture thing figured out. Here's the adapter.

I had it plugged into the back of the speedo in ten minutes. Works great.
Excellent. Mine is still in transit. Where did you mount the S1, is the cord long enough to have it accessible someplace?
Bugzy is online now  
post #28 of 91 Old 04-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Ron Strommer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugzy View Post
Excellent. Mine is still in transit. Where did you mount the S1, is the cord long enough to have it accessible someplace?
With the adapter attached, yes the cord is plenty long. I snaked it out from behind the right side of the instrument panel and then behind a wire bundle that runs very close to the inside of the right side of the fairing. I was able to easily reach it when I stopped to make adjustments and then tuck it back in there.

FYI, I started off with a -7.5% reduction, then I went to 7.0, 6.5 and finally hit dead nuts accuracy with -6.2%. Boom! So you may want to start at 6.2% and go from there. The odometer is reading about 2.5% low but who cares.

Ron
Ron Strommer is offline  
post #29 of 91 Old 04-22-2018, 07:49 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Bugzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Strommer View Post
FYI, I started off with a -7.5% reduction, then I went to 7.0, 6.5 and finally hit dead nuts accuracy with -6.2%. Boom! So you may want to start at 6.2% and go from there. The odometer is reading about 2.5% low but who cares.

Ron
Cool. I will try your setting first, are you using stock sprockets? It will be good to have the ODO slightly below since I assume it was too high before.
Bugzy is online now  
post #30 of 91 Old 04-22-2018, 09:29 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Ron Strommer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugzy View Post
Cool. I will try your setting first, are you using stock sprockets? It will be good to have the ODO slightly below since I assume it was too high before.
All stock.
Ron Strommer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
dl1000a , speedhealer , speedodrd , speedometer

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome