PCFC Full Race Map Tweak. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-06-2016, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

PCFC Full Race Map Tweak.

My modded DB killer blew out ( screw vibed out?) a while back and disappeared into the either. I have now received a replacement and have a few questions. Arrow clean collector with Yosh. R77.
I found the straight thru sound just a little loud for my liking and the DB in just a little too quiet. I fixed this by cutting the screen off the DB killer.
First. Will thread locker (blue or red?) keep the screw in or will it burn up?
Second. Is the full race map for this setup for a complete clean thru exhaust or with the DB killer in?
And, if for the former which way should I tweak it? Richer/leaner across the board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

If someone live at approx the same elevation as me, and had the full race setup I would be willing to contribute towards them getting a proper dyno tune as long as they would share the Power Commander map when they were done. I live waaay too far from the nearest dyno.

Maybe we can get more takers??

2014 Suzuki DL1000 - Pearl White
2010 Honda VFR1200 - Candy Prominence Red
post #3 of 8 Old 08-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbiotix View Post
If someone live at approx the same elevation as me, and had the full race setup I would be willing to contribute towards them getting a proper dyno tune as long as they would share the Power Commander map when they were done. I live waaay too far from the nearest dyno.

Maybe we can get more takers??
How about posting up what that elevation is?
Mine was mapped on a dyno I live at 1500'

A signature

post #4 of 8 Old 08-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmdm8 View Post
How about posting up what that elevation is?
Mine was mapped on a dyno I live at 1500'
I'm about 200 meters or 656 feet above sea level where I am.. But at this point I'd take anything!! Just preferably not someone living on a mountain peak in Colorado lol

2014 Suzuki DL1000 - Pearl White
2010 Honda VFR1200 - Candy Prominence Red
post #5 of 8 Old 08-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Toad,

I would ask Dynojet. Only they know if they had the db killer in while doing the dyno run.

Removing the db killer means less resistance and more flow, so if the EFI doesn't compensate (many claim it would) the mixture would be leaner.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-15-2016, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Just got off the horn chatting with a Tech at Dynojet. As suspected he can only assume and his assumption is that the full race map for Arrow system and Yosh R77 or Arrow can was done with the Db killer in.
I have a few days before I take off again so I am playing with maps. I have loaded the stock in pos.1, Dyno's full race in pos.3, Frank Aguiars' setup in pos.5 and Frank's again with -40 down the first column to reduce decel pop, in pos.7.
I threw back on the stock map just to see the diff. We are having some pretty hot temps around here running in the 35+ C. range at 500 meters.
The stock still worked fine and showed a lot of decel pop. The acceleration thru all ranges was smooth and noticeably tame. ( Having now been spoiled by the awakened beast.) For all you fuel mileage whiners, this would obviously show the best results as it's soooo lean.
Switching to pos.3 I get the beast again with liveable decel pop. (I am running the new Db killer in place and also have the ear plugs in so I am sure I am missing some of it) Pos.5 is the best yet and noticeably different from pos.3. I may just leave it there and forget about pos. 7 with the -40 column for decreasing decel pop as I have yet to hear it enough to bug me.
The only other thing I had asked for was that one other member post a thumbnail of his dynoed results ( he has the exact same setup as me) to further compare. Hasn't happened but if you paid a lot of bucks to do a pro tune then I guess it's understandable. Myself, like some others, are way out in the woods and many miles away from any professional setup.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Now will the maps for the PCFC work on the PCV? I can't imagine it not working. I'm running a full exhaust on my 2015 DL1000 with a Yoshimura RS-3 and an Arrow Racing header. I have the map from Yoshimuras website for a full exhaust but I have so much decel pop and a very twitchy throttle at low speeds so I'm looking for a better map to try.

-John
post #8 of 8 Old 08-15-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Yep. Same. Don't remember if PC5 (Used to own one) has multiple map settings on the unit like the PCFC does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode