Anyone come from an SV1000S? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-18-2016, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Anyone come from an SV1000S?

Hey!

I own a 2015 DL1000 and always loved the 2003-2007 SV1000S but never rode/owned one. One of the reasons I bought the DL1000 was due to the V-Twin. I just wished the DL had a more aggressive look to it.

I found a 2007 SV1000S for a great deal with no miles on it and its tempting to get one! What's the seating like for those who owned one. Could you do an all day ride without pain? How's the power compare from the 14+ DL1000 and the SV1000 as the SV had a few more ponies....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Stromthusiast!

If it is a good deal BUY IT! I always liked them; most of the guys who put a lot of miles on them seemed to put risers on to take the pressure off of the wrists. But heck since you have the Strom, why do that? Buy the SV to blast around on, ride the Strom all day.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Stromthusiast!

I owned a 2003 SV1000 back in 2004. It had the full fairing option and comfort was not to bad but never as good as the V-Strom over long trips. Handling and brakes were also good as I remember. The engine power is addictive with plenty on tap with a huge amount of torque available also which never bogged down at low revs and it is a shame that same power is not available in the V-Strom. I also fitted after market end cans and with baffles removed the sound was awesome. I overlapped ownership with a 2003 1000 V-Strom and both were great bikes for different reasons and it would have been nice to keep both but at the time that was not possible.
For me the V-Strom won the day as it is a do everything bike.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-20-2016, 04:12 AM
Stromthusiast!

Front brakes are rubbish compared to current v strom. The power is better tho imo. The v strom is a way better bike.

L4 DL1000 Black Strom No3
post #5 of 6 Old 06-20-2016, 07:38 AM
$tromtrooper

I owned a Silver SV1000S....think it was a 2003 model, but I'm not sure anymore. Tons of torque. I've never ridden a DL1000 so I cannot compare the two. They have really held their value over the years. I received a very nice sizable "Citizen's Award" on mine and decided to sell it to get a slower Vstrom 650 before I REALLY got into trouble on the SV. (BTW......I still had my zrx1100 at the time, so was use to a fast bike. But the two were totally opposite in nature....engine-wise.......both FUN!!)

www.easternvstromrally.com
Over 100 Attendees at the May 2019......already planning it for 2020!!
post #6 of 6 Old 06-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Stromthusiast!

No way the SV1000 is as comfy as the Vee, but it'll definitely scoot performance wise. You can make them more comfortable by converting the clip-ons to risers and an MX bar (SV1000N), but your legs will stay a lot more bent than you're used to. Check out this website to compare riding positions between bikes. Once you have at least two bikes loaded, you can use your mouse wheel to gradually transition between them to see the changes. It also lets you factor in bar and peg adjustments.

Motorcycle Ergonomics

2007 DL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode